What Britain Wears Casual Wear
The casualwear market has seen in a boom in people seeking fitness wear, this is leading to the reduction of space in store for more conventional casualwear options as retailers invest into fashionable fitness ranges. Fortunately retailers are often able to cross-merchandise their fitness wear alongside casual wear. Additionally people are less willing to spend a significant amount of money on casual wear therefore more affordable retailers are benefitting. Fashion retailers are also seeking ways to better entertain their customers, with interesting, quirky store layouts and designs as well as branching into offering services and coffee shops in store.
• Casualwear represents the biggest single segment of the Clothing & Footwear market. While deflationary trends are still a problem for the market, owing to declining cotton prices and increasing competition at the value end, high volumes continue to give way to value growth.
• Online growth is now one of the biggest opportunities for growth, with internet sales expected to increase significantly for the Casualwear market by 2020.
• Online shopping is stimulating further competition as consumers use the internet to seek fashion from international players as well as domestic retailers.
• Low inflation means most of the growth in the market over the next five years will be dependent on high volume sales, which is likely to lead to increased competition and a change in the nature of promotional activities which could see more multi-buy deals infiltrating the market.
• Fashion trends still play a big role in encouraging purchases in casualwear. For example, the widespread denim trend that has extended beyond staple jeans to encompass multiple categories like dresses, skirts, shirts and jackets has boosted sales of casualwear over the past year.
• 57.6% of consumers put as much thought into their casual outfits as they do when dressing up. This means that casual clothing needs to be both comfortable and durable as well as fashionable.
Reasons to Buy
This Capsule Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the casual wear fashion market based on insights from within Verdict’s bespoke annual consumer insight survey.
The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the casual wear market.
Enables understanding of developments across different retail channels, from specialists and pureplays to grocers and department stores.
Marks & Spencer
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.