The UAE market is defined by limited penetration of payment cards and a high reliance on cash among consumers. In spite of an increasing trend in the use of technology, contactless payment rollout and adoption have yet to reach full potential in the Emirati market and there continues to be a significant share of non-mobile wallet owners who are not interested in using mobile wallets. Pay-later cards continue to be the most frequently used cards and only 30% of Emirati consumers pay their balance in full each month, leading to a significant rise in consumer indebtedness among Emirati credit card holders.
This report examines the consumer payments market in the UAE, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market which players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.
– Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
– Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
– Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in the UAE are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
– Explores the online payment market in the UAE by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
– Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in the UAE.
– Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
– Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the UAE market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
– Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Emirati payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
Table of Contents
PAYMENTS INFRASTRUCTURE & REGULATION
List of Tables
List of Figures
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.