The commercialization of drones is a key driver in the C-UAS market, with technological advances lowering the costs of acquiring drones, thereby increasing access. This has led to wider commercial and governmental proliferation, which itself necessitates the development and procurement of C-UAS systems in a variety of defense, commercial, and law enforcement roles.
The counter-unmanned aerial systems (C-UAS) market research report provides an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for C-UAS in the top spending countries across the world and identifies the opportunities offered. The report will also strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
Key Trends in the C-UAS Market
The key trends that are impacting the C-UAS market can be classified into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Technology trends – The key technology trends impacting the C-UAS market include GPS-denied operation, Swarm, lasers, high-power microwaves, and others.
- Macroeconomic trends – The key macroeconomic trends that will shape the C-UAS market are the commercialization of drones, defense budgets, asymmetric warfare, and others.
- Regulatory trends – The key regulatory trends impacting the C-UAS market include international drone regulation, international standards, and others.
C-UAS Market Value Chain
The C-UAS theme involves activity across a range of product areas, covering detection & tracking and interdiction.
Detection & Tracking: The key layers of detection & tracking include radar, radio frequency, and others.
C-UAS Market Value Chain Analysis
To know more about the C-UAS market value chain, download a free report sample
C-UAS Market - Competitive Landscape
The leading companies for the C-UAS market are L3Harris Technologies, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Technologies, Mikran, and Boeing.
Defense Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our sector scorecards have a thematic screen and a valuation screen.
- The thematic screen tells us who are the overall leaders in the 10 themes that matter most, based on our thematic engine.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
Defense Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
To know more about the defense sector scorecards, download a free report sample
C-UAS Market Overview
|Key Trends||Technology Trends, Macroeconomic Trends, and Regulatory Trends|
|Value Chains||Detection & Tracking and Interdiction|
|Leading Companies||L3Harris Technologies, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Technologies, Mikran, and Boeing|
- Demand for C-UAS-related products will be driven by their expanding capabilities in both defense and commercial settings, and the revolutionary potential of drone swarm technology
- There will be a significant spending push in drone-related technologies, and this will precipitate investment in corresponding C-UAS capabilities.
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors. This C-UAS report covers the latest areas of development and investment within C-UAS, as well as the driving trends. C-UAS is proving a major theme and trend, with accelerated fielding of solutions after the most recent Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, attacks on Saudi territory, and Russian advances in both UAV and C-UAS deployment. This report provides a breakdown of C-UAS solutions by geography, type, and detection type, and covers interdiction options. Technology trend coverage combined with the regulatory trend means this report is an excellent resource for investors, corporations, and value chain participants alike.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape. This C-UAS report maps the value chain within this theme, as well as covers the positioning of the major players within this space. The report provides an understanding of the market and the direction the different players are headed. In addition to providing this, the report identifies key market drivers as well as potential adversary trends, such as Russian and Chinese systems, and offers insights borne of Russia’s use of these technologies in Syria and Europe itself. Key tech trends are also explained, and presented in table form for rapid use. This report also covers regulatory trends as a section, a critical and changing area of major significance when considering investing in this space.
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense. The coverage of the value chain in detail, as well as a vital section o the regulatory trends, provide important insights into the current lay of the land, as well as the trends for future directions within C-UAS.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards-looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Almaz Scientific-Production Enterprise
Booz Allen Hamilton
BSVT - New Technologies
Cobham Antenna Systems
HGH Infrared Systems
Jiangsu Digital Eagle Technology Development
JSC Concern Radio-Electronic Technologies (KRET)
Rohde & Schwarz
Theiss UAV Solutions
Van Cleve & Associates
ZALA Aero Group
Table of Contents
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
List of Tables
US DoD UAS Groups
Mergers and Acquisitions
Leader Companies in C-UAS
Challengers Companies in Drones
List of Figures
Global C-UAS Market
Frequently Asked Questions
The key technology trends impacting the C-UAS market include GPS-denied operation, swarms, lasers, high-power microwaves, and others.
The key macroeconomic trends that will shape the C-UAS market are the commercialization of drones, defense budgets, asymmetric warfare, and others.
The key regulatory trends impacting the C-UAS market include international drone regulation, international standards, and others.
GlobalData’s C-UAS industry value chain consists of detection & tracking and interdiction.
The leading companies in the C-UAS industry are L3Harris Technologies, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Technologies, Mikran, and Boeing.
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.