Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Chinese Insurance Industry
GlobalData’s Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Chinese Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in China.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
• The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in China.
• The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
• The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
• The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
• The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
• CIRC is responsible for regulation and supervision of the Chinese insurance industry
• VAT is imposed at a rate of 6% on insurance products replacing business tax of 5%.
• Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Chinese insurance industry.
• Aviation liability insurance, motor third-party liability insurance and social security are the key classes of compulsory insurance in China.
• FDI is permitted up to 100% in non-life insurance and 50% in life insurance business.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in China.
• Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Chinese insurance industry.
• Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
• Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Environmental liability insurance
2.4.3 Social security system
2.4.4 Aviation liability insurance
2.4.5 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.4.6 Nuclear liability insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Associations of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 China Insurance Regulatory Commission
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: China – Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: China – Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: China – Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: China– Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: China– Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: China – Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 8: China – Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2018
List of Figures
Figure 1: China – Key Changes in the Chinese Insurance Industry with the Insurance Law Amendments
Figure 2: China – Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 3: China – Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Figure 4: China – Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 5: China – Judiciary System
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.