ICT Investment Trends in Mexico: Network transformations are driving investments in the ICT sector
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
"ICT Investment Trends in Mexico", presents the findings from a survey of 97 Mexican enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Mexican enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including security products, IoT, cloud computing, and mobility management. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Mexico. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Mexico.
The Mexican economy is set to perform better in 2017 compared to 2016, primarily driven by the growing optimism amongst investors and strengthening trade relations. Among the various sectors, the telecommunications industry is expected to expand rapidly as the government is trying to instil competition in this sector to enable more telecom providers to enter the market. The survey further depicts that Mexican enterprises are allocating the highest proportion of their cloud computing budget to the private cloud. Meanwhile, increasing customer satisfaction and improving supplier intimacy remain the top business objectives influencing IT investment strategies among Mexican enterprises.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
– Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
– Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
– Which ICT functions Mexican enterprises are interested in outsourcing
– Mexican enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, IoT, cloud computing, and mobility management
– Factors that are influencing Mexican enterprises’ investments in each technology category
– How Mexican enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
– Mexican enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
– Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
– Insight into Mexican enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
– Business objectives that Mexican enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
– Factors that are influencing Mexican enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
– Mexican enterprises are planning to spend the highest proportion of their cloud computing budget on private cloud in 2017, driven by the need to implement a secure private network to safeguard their business data.
– As the Mexican government is transforming the telecommunications sector to implement next generation networks capable of high speed data transmission, the demand for network equipment and services is expected to increase.
– Moreover, various ongoing telecoms projects to transform the mobile network infrastructure by deploying a nationwide 5G network, are opening up new opportunities for IoT vendors to develop smart city applications.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand how the Mexican enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
– Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Mexican enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
– Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
– Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Mexican enterprises
– Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, IoT, cloud computing, and mobility management)
– Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Mexican enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
– Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Mexican enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.