Insurance Company Profile: Swiss Re
Swiss Re is a wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance, and other risk transfer solutions. It serves insurance companies, mid- to large-sized corporations, and the public sector. The group operates across four business segments: property and casualty reinsurance, life and health reinsurance, Corporate Solutions, and Life Capital. It has a presence in more than 30 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Americas, and Africa, with 80 offices and 14,500 employees.
This profile offers a review of Swiss Re, including its business structure and strategy, its financial performance, and its marketing and distribution activities, before concluding with a SWOT analysis.
Key Questions Answered
– What are Swiss Re’s strengths and weaknesses?
– What opportunities and challenges will the company face going forward?
– How is it investing in technology?
– Swiss Re’s business strategy is centered on four key components: capital allocation, broadening its client base, optimizing resource allocation, and emphasizing differentiation.
– Swiss Re’s technology strategy is a key part of its overall business strategy, and is executed through in-house developments and external partnerships. Its insights allow the group to partner with clients and create solutions to secure access to new risk pools.
– In 2017 the group generated $34,775m in GWP, down from $35,622m in 2016. Over 47.6% of Swiss Re’s GWP came from the property and casualty reinsurance segment.
Reasons to Buy
– Learn about Swiss Re’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
– Gain insight into its underwriting and distribution strategy.
– Understand the group's advertising strategy.
Muang Thai Life Assurance
International Finance Corporation
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
A Global Overview
What Does Swiss Re Do?
Swiss Re InsurTech Accelerator
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.