Jordan: 4G Services Rollout and Expansion of Fiber Infrastructure Will Support Revenue Growth Through 2020
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
The telecommunications market in Jordan generated service revenue of $1.1bn in 2015. Pyramid Research expects Jordan’s telecom services to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the 2015-2020 period to reach $1.2bn in 2020. The growth will be driven by the increasing consumption of mobile data, largely supported by expansion of 4G rollouts and investments in fiber infrastructure. Additionally, operators will concentrate on seizing opportunities in providing bundled packs with smartphone offerings along with developing innovative products/services such as m-banking, M2M and cloud-based services, among others.
• In 2015, the overall telecom services revenue in Jordan reached $1.1bn, equivalent to 3.1% of its GDP. From 2015 to 2020, the Jordan telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 1.3% CAGR, boosted by rising adoption of mobile data services.
• Mobile revenue will account for 70.6% of the total telecom market in 2020.
• Mobile data will remain an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 6.7% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
• We expect the number of broadband lines to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% between 2015 and 2020, to reach 0.5m by year-end 2020 and a population penetration of 5.9%.
• Zain Jordan is the market leader with a share of more than 40% of total telecom service revenue. The operator will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period with a focus on enhancing its product portfolio and providing converged services.
• Operators will continue to explore opportunities in verticals such as M2M, IoT, wearables and cloud services in order to provide service differentiation.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Jordan, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
• Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Jordan mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers’ demand.
• Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Jordan.
• Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Jordan.
Jordan Telecommunications Company (JTC)
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.