Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Size and Trend Analysis by Segment, Programs, Competitive Landscape and Forecast to 2033
Access in-depth insight and stay ahead of the market
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Overview
The military fixed wing aircraft market size is valued at $71.7 billion in 2023 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2023-2033. The North American region is expected to maintain its leading position globally owing to the high-value multi-year procurement programs of the US Armed Forces. The growth of the market in the United States is mainly attributed to their procurement of F-35s and Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) combat aircraft.
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Outlook, 2023-2033 ($ billion)
To gain more information on the military fixed wing aircraft market forecast, download a free report sample
The military fixed wing aircraft market research report covers industry analysis, including the key market drivers, trends, emerging technologies, and major challenges faced by industry participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for the military fixed wing aircraft market over the forecast period.
|Market Size (2023)
|Combat Aircraft, Transport Aircraft, ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) Aircraft, Tanker Aircraft, Training And Light Attack Aircraft
|Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America
|Lockheed Martin Corp., The Boeing Co., Aviation Industry Corp of China Ltd, Dassault Aviation SA, United Aircraft Corp., and Eurofighter Jaddflugzeug Gmbh
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Dynamics
The rapid development of advanced aerospace technologies has been a major reason for the consistent demand for procuring new aircraft to meet the requirements of the modern network-centric battlefield. The advancements in the fields of stealth, speed, connectivity, and communication further propelled global demand. The availability of 4+ and fifth-generation aircraft has helped armed forces to determine and optimize their future fleet compositions, allowing for the integration of advanced technological developments into their aircraft fleet. Such a modernization effort would deliver increased system performance due to the integration of new weapons, upgraded avionics, and advanced defensive systems, requiring lesser maintenance or overhaul requirements over the life cycle.
High demand for 4.5 generation multirole aircraft is the recent trend in the market. Multirole 4.5 generation aircraft remain a cost-effective option, as they can undertake multiple roles such as air-to-surface combat, air-to-air combat, aerial battlefield reconnaissance, electronic warfare roles, and forward air control, among others. Likewise, the development of dedicated bomber aircraft also faces challenges in terms of high R&D requirements and relevant technological industrial experience, which currently is quite limited. This also requires dedicated investments in the form of national programs, which are not easy to justify for many of the emerging military nations with their limited resources. Some of the programs under development include Russia’s PAK-DA and China’s H-20 bomber aircraft, which with their stealth capabilities are expected to compete against the US’s B-21.
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Segments
The key segments in the military fixed wing aircraft market are combat aircraft, transport aircraft, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance) aircraft, tanker aircraft, training, and light attack aircraft. Over 2023-33, the combat aircraft segment is anticipated to be the largest segment in the global military fixed wing aircraft market. The segment’s growth can be attributed to the procurement of next-generation multi-role combat aircraft with advanced sensors, electronic warfare, communication, and weapon systems to improve their ground attack and air defense capabilities in the evolving modern battlefield.
Military Fixed Wing aircraft Market Analysis by Segments, 2023-2033 (%)
For more segment insights into the military fixed wing aircraft market, download a free report sample
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Segmentation by Regions
The key regions in the military fixed wing aircraft market are Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. The global military fixed wing aircraft market is expected to be led by North America over the forecast period. The US dominates the military fixed wing aircraft market in the North American region. The US dominance is attributed to the country’s ambitious advanced military programs to ensure air superiority and maintain its global military edge over its adversaries.
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market Analysis by Regions, 2023-2033 (%)
For more regional insights into the military fixed wing aircraft market, download a free report sample
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading companies in the military fixed wing aircraft market are Lockheed Martin Corp., The Boeing Co., Aviation Industry Corp of China Ltd, Dassault Aviation SA, United Aircraft Corp., and Eurofighter Jaddflugzeug Gmbh among others.
Segments Covered in the Report
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Segments Outlook (Value, $ Billion, 2023-2033)
- Combat Aircraft
- Transport Aircraft
- ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) Aircraft
- Tanker Aircraft
- Training and Light Attack Aircraft
Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Regional Outlook (Value, $ Billion, 2023-2033)
- North America
- Middle East
- Latin America
In particular, the report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Market size and drivers: Detailed analysis during 2023–2033, including the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world.
- Recent developments and industry challenges: Insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the existing military fixed wing aircraft programs being executed and planned worldwide. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand.
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2023–2033.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military fixed wing aircraft market. It provides an overview of key players, their strategic initiatives, and financial analysis.
• The global military fixed wing aircraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period.
•The global military fixed wing aircraft market is classified into five categories: Combat Aircraft, Transport Aircraft, ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) Aircraft, Tanker Aircraft, and Training & Light Attack Aircraft.
• North America is expected to dominate the global military fixed wing aircraft market over the forecast period with a market share of 74.7%, followed by Asia-Pacific and European regions.
• Combat aircraft is expected to be the largest segment among other military fixed wing aircraft categories over the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military fixed wing aircraft over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different military fixed wing aircraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major factors that are driving the global military fixed wing aircraft market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military fixed wing aircraft market
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top military fixed wing aircraft solution providers around the world. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Key PlayersLockheed Martin
BAE Systems plc
Northrop Grumman Corp
Dassault Aviation SA
Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)
Pilatus Aircraft Ltd
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Global Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market: Overview
- 3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Demand Drivers
- 3.2. Trends
- 3.3. Technological Developments
- 3.4. Key Challenges
- 4. Global Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market: Segment Analysis
- 4.1. Segment Analysis: Combat Aircraft
- 4.2. Segment Analysis: Transport Aircraft
- 4.3. Segment Analysis: ISR Aircraft
- 4.4. Segment Analysis: Tanker Aircraft
- 4.5. Segment Analysis: Training & Light Attack Aircraft
- 5. Global Military Fixed Wing Aircraft Market – Regional Analysis
- 6. Global Military Fixed Wing Aircraft – Regional Overview
- 7. Regional Analysis: North America
- 7.1. Supplier share analysis
- 7.2. Leading countries in the region
- 7.3. Regional volume share
- 8. Regional Analysis: Asia-Pacific
- 8.1. Supplier share analysis
- 8.2. Leading countries in the region
- 8.3. Regional volume share
- 9. Regional Analysis: Europe
- 9.1. Supplier share analysis
- 9.2. Leading countries in the region
- 9.3. Regional volume share
- 10. Regional Analysis: Middle East
- 10.1. Supplier share analysis
- 10.2. Leading countries in the region
- 10.3. Regional volume share
- 11. Regional Analysis: Africa
- 11.1. Supplier share analysis
- 11.2. Leading countries in the region
- 11.3. Regional volume share
- 12. Regional Analysis: Latin America
- 12.1. Supplier share analysis
- 12.2. Leading countries in the region
- 12.3. Regional volume share
- 13. Competitive Landscape and Key Programs
- 14. Leading Market Players
- 15. Key Programs
Frequently asked questions
What is the size of the military fixed wing aircraft market in 2023?
The military fixed wing aircraft market size is valued at $71.7 billion in 2023.
What is the growth rate of the military fixed wing aircraft market?
The military fixed wing aircraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2023-2033.
Which segment will account for the highest share of the military fixed wing aircraft market?
Over 2023–33, the market is expected to be dominated by the Combat Aircraft segment, followed by the Transport Aircraft segment.
Which region will lead the military fixed wing aircraft market?
The global military fixed wing aircraft market over the forecast period is expected to be led by North America, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe.
Which are the leading companies in the military fixed wing aircraft market?
Some of the leading companies in the military fixed wing aircraft market are Lockheed Martin Corp., The Boeing Co., Aviation Industry Corp of China Ltd, Dassault Aviation SA, United Aircraft Corp., and Eurofighter Jaddflugzeug Gmbh.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.