Non-Life Insurance Sector Scorecard – Thematic Intelligence
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Non-life Insurance Sector Scorecard Thematic Intelligence Report Overview
ESG and AI are the clear key themes in the insurance sector. Insurers will need to ensure they are on top of all three elements of ESG—environmental, social, and governance. The environmental side is the most pertinent for insurers, who risk facing the ever-increasing cost of severe weather events around the world. The insurance industry tends to lag behind other industries in terms of its performance on the social element and that is something leaders will need to improve upon in the coming years. The governance side of it will also be crucial with the increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) and the handling of more and more personal data. Failure to comply with the regulations in these areas will prove very costly.
The non-life insurance sector scorecard thematic intelligence report provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for key players in the payments sector over the coming years. It is based on the key themes set to transform their market landscape. It also identifies 10 key themes that are driving changes and disruption in the payments industry.
|Top Themes||· Artificial Intelligence
· Big Data
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Non-life Insurance Theme Map
Some of the biggest themes that are impacting the non-life insurance sector are artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, innovation, IoT, and Big Data among others. Our theme map for the non-life insurance industry highlights the big themes driving share prices and is the result of a series of interviews with senior industry executives and investors, reflecting an up-to-date view of the issues that keep them awake at night. Our theme maps cover not only disruptive tech themes but also macroeconomic and regulatory themes.
Non-life Insurance Sector Theme Map 2023
Buy the Full Report to Unlock the Biggest Themes Driving Growth in The Non-life Insurance Industry, Download a Free Report Sample
Artificial Intelligence: There is a huge amount of hype around the AI theme across all industries at present, especially in insurance. However, current usage remains relatively limited to experimental tests or chatbots. In the coming years, it is expected that usage across the industry will become more widespread. This will range from more human-like chatbots and interactive services to back-end applications. Generative AI will accelerate the industry’s usage of the technology significantly and insurers who establish themselves as leaders will be able to provide a much better product to customers.
Buy the Full Report to Know More About Other Top Themes Disrupting the Non-life Insurance Industry, Download a Free Report Sample
Non-life Insurance Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our sector scorecards have three screens: a thematic screen, a valuation screen, and a risk screen. The non-life insurance sector scorecard has three screens:
- The thematic screen ranks companies based on overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future performance.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
- The risk screen ranks companies within a particular sector based on overall investment risk.
Non-life Insurance Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
Buy the Full Report to Know More About the Non-life Insurance Sector Scorecard
• ESG is undoubtedly the standout long-term theme for insurers. It will be the leading theme across all industries for the next decade. It is now a central part of any leading insurers’ strategy, who will face increasing scrutiny for the ambition of their targets and how they are faring in meeting them.
• Insurers will need to ensure they are on top of all three elements of ESG—environmental, social, and governance. The environmental side is the most pertinent for insurers, who risk facing the ever-increasing cost of severe weather events around the world. The insurance industry tends to lag behind other industries in terms of its performance on the social element and that is something leaders will need to improve upon in the coming years.
• AI is the leading technology theme at present. There has been a great deal of buzz around AI since the emergence of generative AI at the start of 2023. Insurers can improve their interactions with customers and cut down on admin time significantly in the near future, while longer-term possibilities are more transformative.
- COVID-19 had been the standout theme across the global insurance industry since the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020. The majority of countries have now moved on from restrictions, and while shifts in consumer behavior are likely to be permanent, COVID-19 is no longer the clear leading theme across the industry.
- ESG will be the most important theme in which incumbent insurers will establish themselves as leaders. Insurers’ stance on climate change will become increasingly important as younger generations grow up, enter the insurance markets, and become decision-makers within businesses.
- Personalization is another leading theme that prospective market leaders will need to excel in. This will become even more essential due to ongoing cost-of-living crises. Insurers will need to be flexible to keep penetration rates up.
Reasons to Buy
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Discover market leaders across 10 essential themes to non-life insurance.
- Discover what the 10 key themes are and understand why we believe them to be so crucial
Insurance Australia Group
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Themes
- 4. Sector Scorecard: Non-life insurance Scorecard
- 4.1. Who’s who
- 4.2. Thematic screen
- 4.3. Valuation screen
- 4.4. Risk screen
- 5. Our Thematic Research Methodology
- 6. About GlobalData
- 7. Contact Us
Frequently asked questions
What are the biggest themes impacting the non-life insurance sector?
Some of the biggest themes that are impacting the non-life insurance sector are artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, innovation, IoT, and Big Data among others.
Why should insurers focus on governance themes?
The governance side of ESG will also be crucial with the increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) and the handling of more and more personal data. Failure to comply with the regulations in these areas will prove very costly.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.