"Payments in Taiwan 2017: What Consumers Want?", report examines the consumer payments market in Taiwan, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the main regulatory players overseeing the market.
Taiwan remains a cash-driven economy, although new payment technologies are expected to gradually increase in importance. While the necessary infrastructure is in place, the government has taken a number of initiatives to reduce dependence on cash and promote electronic transactions, supported by the central bank. Apart from the traditional payment options such as cards, the e-commerce market is acting as a driver for electronic payments market growth, owing to the availability of multiple payment options such as card on delivery, bank transfers, and digital and mobile wallets; which is expected to significantly drive electronic payments through 2021.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by lifestage.
– Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
– Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
– Considers consumer attitudes towards P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Taiwan are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
– Explores the online payment market in Taiwan by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
– Consumers in Taiwan have a strong inclination towards cash for day-to-day transactions despite the gradual rise in electronic payments.
– There is significant future growth potential in e-commerce, which will be driven by an increase in mobile internet penetration as well as the emerging middle class.
– Taiwan’s payment acceptance network is still underdeveloped, with only 1 point of sale terminal per 195 people and 1 ATM per 868 people in 2017.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Taiwan.
– Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
– Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
– Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the Taiwanese market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
First Commercial Bank
Taiwan Cooperative Bank
Hua Nan Bank
Chang Hwa Bank
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.