This report is part of GlobalData's Success and Failures case study series, which explores the reasons underpinning success or failure, and key learnings. This particular case is regarding a bar that is focused on minimizing its carbon footprint, which had gained a considerable amount of consumer interest.
Penicillin is the first zero-waste bar in Hong Kong, launched in November 2020. The brand was inspired by the origin of penicillin itself, which was discovered in the 1940s by Alexander Fleming. The product was a breakthrough in modern medicine, which had inspired the company to replicate this concept in the context of sustainability, and the décor of the bar has similarities to a laboratory.
– Penicillin has managed to resonate with consumers and generate a considerable amount of interest due to the transparent, sustainable measures implemented within the company.
– It uses upcycled furniture, and reduces waste by reusing products and finding new purposes for them, such as using potato skins for bar snacks, or alcohol for sanitizers.
– Penicillin also offers drinks for non-alcoholic drinkers, maximizing the use of ingredients that are normally considered as waste through the creation of the 'non-alcoholic organic fermentation'’ section in its menu.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the foodservice industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.