Property Insurance in Emerging Asia
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
GlobalData’s 'Insight Report: Property Insurance in Emerging Asia' analyzes the rapidly growing economies in Emerging Asia, and identifies opportunities in the midst of economic growth and low insurance penetration.
A shift in the global economic landscape is evident, as growth in developed economyies remains sluggish while emerging economies drive global growth. Strong domestic demand, government expenditure on infrastructure, and policy reforms are supporting growth in Emerging Asia.
The report also analyzes high-growth property insurance markets such as China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam, focusing on property insurance sub-categories. The construction market's growth is one of the highest in the world, driven by rapid growth in urbanization.
The region’s susceptibility to natural catastrophes, ongoing political and cultural unrest, and dependence on the agricultural sector also add to the significance of property and casualty insurance. This has driven growth in the insurance industry, including property insurance in Emerging Asia.
• This report provides a snapshot of property insurance in the Emerging Asian economies of China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
• It provides the market sizes for property insurance in each Emerging Asian market, and also provides forecasts to 2020.
• It also provides market sizes for property insurance sub-categories.
• It outlines key performance indicators and the competitive landscape for each Emerging Asian market.
• The direct written premium (DWP) for property insurance markets in Emerging Asia grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) range of 7.06–12.99% during the review period, whereas the CAGR for other leading markets (the US, the UK, Germany, France and Japan) was between 2.44 and 4.92%. This is mainly because emerging economies are still in the developing stage, investing heavily in infrastructure.
• China is the largest property insurance market in Emerging Asia, with a DWP of US$20.9 billion in 2016, followed by India and Indonesia with US$3.7 billion and US$2.2 billion respectively. Moreover, the Chinese property insurance market with DWP valued at US$20.9 billion in 2016, is larger than insurance markets in Asia-Pacific such as Japan, Australia, South Korea and Singapore, with DWPs of US$19.3 billion, US$10.0 billion, US$7.9 billion and US$2.4 billion respectively in 2016.
• The insurance industry stands to be benefit from the presence of a robust manufacturing industry. A rise in manufacturing will also increase demand for property insurance such as fire and engineering products. Asia, particularly China and Southeast Asian nations, has been a hub of manufacturing for the world, playing a major role in global trade.
• The majority of growth in urbanization is taking place in emerging economies, and this will create demand for new forms of risk protection. Substantial opportunities lie ahead for the insurance industry, particularly the non-life segment and property insurance, as urbanization takes place rapidly in Emerging Asia. A rise in economic activity with ongoing industrialization will generate demand for a range of products in commercial lines of insurance, such as fire, engineering and natural catastrophe risk.
Reasons to Buy
• Builds an understanding about the property insurance market in Emerging Asia.
• Develop an insight into market trends and drivers.
• Assess opportunities in the property insurance category.
• Access information about leading insurers and their market shares in the non-life segment.
China United Property Insurance Company
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd
Baja Allianz General Insurance Company Limited
MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Bhd
Property Insurance & Surety Corporation
Bao Viet Insurance Corporation
Bao Minh Insurance Corporation
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Overview of Emerging Asia Markets
2.1 Risk Assessment in Emerging Asia nations
2.2 Mapping Opportunities in Property Line Insurance
3 High Growth Property Insurance Markets
3.1.1 Economic overview
3.1.2 Market snapshot
3.1.3 Business opportunities
3.2.1 Economic overview
3.2.2 Market snapshot
3.2.3 Business opportunities
3.3.1 Economic overview
3.3.2 Market snapshot
3.3.3 Business opportunities
3.4.1 Economic overview
3.4.2 Market snapshot
3.4.3 Business opportunities
3.5.1 Economic overview
3.5.2 Market snapshot
3.5.3 Business opportunities
3.6.1 Economic overview
3.6.2 Market snapshot
3.6.3 Business opportunities
3.7.1 Economic overview
3.7.2 Market snapshot
3.7.3 Business opportunities
5 Definitions and Methodology
6 About GlobalData
6.1 Contact GlobalData
6.2 About GlobalData
6.3 GlobalData’s Services
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.