The Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, dubbed COVID-19, is first and foremost a human tragedy, affecting millions of people globally. The contagious Coronavirus, which broke out at the close of 2019, has led to a medical emergency across the world, with the World Health Organization officially declaring the novel Coronavirus a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
Fears surrounding the impact of COVID-19 have already significantly impacted the global economy, with most countries across the world registering declines in their economic growth for the year to date. Many economists and institutions have cut their forecasts, as a number of countries officially slipped into recession in Q1 2020.
The Irish government’s measures to contain the virus have significantly impacted the country’s economy, with Ireland now facing a worse recession than in the aftermath of the global financial crisis. However, with the phased reopening now in progress, consumer spending is expected to rebound in the second half of the year, and the gradual revival of the economy will eventually benefit the banking industry.
This report focuses on the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the economy and the retail banking industry in Ireland. Based on our proprietary datasets, the snap shot provides a detailed comparison between pre-COVID-19 forecasts and revised forecasts of total mortgage, consumer, credit card loan balances as well as deposit balances in terms of value and growth rates. It also offers information on measures taken by the government to combat coronavirus.
– Coronavirus will not have a significant long-term effect on the Irish banking sector. Loss of income and increased unemployment due to the lockdown will have short-term implications affecting the mortgage and consumer lending segments, which will ultimately recover over the forecast period.
– Even with the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment scheme in place, there will be a deterioration in household finances resulting in a reduced ability to save. This will be mitigated somewhat by a drop-off in consumption, both during the crisis as lockdown prevents spending but also into the months of recession, when poor consumer confidence will see weaker-than-normal spending.
– The tension between these two factors will determine whether there are positive net inflows into the retail savings market or net outflows, as savings could be used to cover household costs.
Reasons to Buy
– Make strategic decisions using top-level revised forecast data on the Irish retail lending and deposit industry.
– Understand the key market trends, challenges, and opportunities in the Irish retail lending and deposit industry.
– Receive a comprehensive insight into the total consumer loans in Ireland, including mortgages, personal and credit card loans as well as retail deposits balances.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Total Consumer Loans
Credit Card Loans
Other Consumer Loans
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.