Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 23.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.6%), and mining, manufacturing and utilities (18.1%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.2%, 3.7% and 3.3% respectively in 2018.
Five major autonomous communities of Spain generated around 42% of the GDP and 38% of population of the country in 2016.
– Investors are finding Madrid, Andalusia and Balearic Islands more lucrative in recent years
– As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Spain improved over the last five years with an improvement in rank from 18th in 2014 to 17th out of 160 countries in 2018
– The Spanish government has planned to invest around EUR103.7 bn (US$126.5 bn) in various infrastructure projects between 2017 and 2021.
Reasons to Buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 02
List of Exhibits 03
Did you Know? 04
Country Highlights 05
Country Snapshot 07
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Spain’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe, and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: Bolsa de Madrid Stock Market Index-IBEX 35 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: Exhibit 6: Investments by Sector Share (2017) and Total Investment in Key Sectors (2012, 2016 and 2017) 16
Exhibit 7: Investment Share by Region (2012 and 2017) and Growth in Investments By Region (2012-2017) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016 26
Exhibit 14: Vehicles; Other Than Railway or Tramway Rolling Stock, % of World’s Total 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Spain 2018 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.