“UK: Retail – Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to UK retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing UK retail industry:
Retail growth is forecast to slow to 1.6% in 2019, down from 2.0% in 2018, with uncertainty over Brexit muting demand. Weak consumer confidence has hit the housing market, with transactions declining over 2017-19 – hitting big ticket categories – though we expect pent up demand to move will be released in 2020 and transactions will pick up.
What else does this report offer?
– In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
– The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2018 along with recent key developments
– Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
– Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and stationery, Electrical and electronics, Food and grocery, Health and beauty, Furniture and floor coverings, Home and garden products, Music, video and entertainment software, Sports and leisure equipment, Jewelry, watches and accessories, and Luggage and leather goods
– Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
– Brexit causes muted forecast growth leading to further consolidation
– Retail industry is estimated to resume growth post Brexit outcome
– Decrease in consumer confidence leads to low spending on non-food sectors
– Essential sectors food and health lead growth in an uncertain economy
– Growth shifts from high streets and department stores to online
– Store closures and unpredictable weather conditions act as a catalyst to online growth
Reasons to Buy
– Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in UK retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
– Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
– Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
– Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2013, with forecasts until 2023
The Co-op Group (Food)
Marks & Spencer
Curry's PC World
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.