Wellness Providers – How Life and Health Insurers are Looking to Redefine Themselves
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
GlobalData’s Insight Report: Wellness Providers – How Life and Health Insurers are Looking to Redefine Themselves analyzes the evolution of wellness programs in workplaces, and how this impacts health and life insurers.
Key findings include:
• The increased availability of affordable health tracking and monitoring devices is transforming the possibilities of active risk management in the life and health insurance segments.
• Given the rising cost of healthcare resulting from higher life expectancies and the high costs of new drugs, health insurers are increasingly focusing on adding value to individuals and companies, as well as providing cover for negative health events.
• There is also a potentially wider benefit from the availability of efficient health-monitoring technology and associated data flows, which enable insurers to embed themselves closer to the consumer.
• Popular technological advances are driven by companies such as Apple, Google and Amazon, which have a broad understanding of the scope of technology in healthcare, thereby increasing competition for insurers.
• Insurers are aware of this threat and have started utilizing venture capital to invest in insurtech startups, to benefit from disruption instead of becoming victims to it.
• Insurance companies looking to interact more frequently with policyholders about lifestyles require data and technological knowledge that is best accessed by younger, agile firms that specialize in healthcare technology.
• Definitions and strategies for the successful implementation of wellness programs
• Profiles of popular wellness providers
• Regulations pertaining to wellness programs
• The impact of wellness programs on insurers
• Insurers' approaches to integration with wellness programs
• Wellness programs were initially introduced as employee incentives by large corporations, to improve the health of employees and their families and encourage a fitness culture to reduce healthcare costs both for employees and employers.
• According to statistics from Corporate Wellness magazine, every US$1 invested in an employee wellness program results in around US$4 of savings through reduced sick leave, higher productivity and lower overall health costs.
• Data received from individual wellness reports or programs helps insurers to devise bespoke policies and charge premiums based on health data for groups of people.
• Laws surrounding incentives for insurance premiums as a part of wellness programs require careful evaluation before implementation.
• The Global Wellness Institute expects the value of wellness programs to reach US$40 billion globally by 2021, despite the fact that around 9% of the global workforce has access to these programs at the workplace.
Reasons to Buy
• Build an understanding of the concept of wellness programs
• Develop an insight into the regulation of wellness programs
• Gain an overview of the major wellness providers
• Gain an understanding of the opportunities for insurers due to growth of wellness programs
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Wellness Programs
3 The Impact of Wellness Programs on Insurers
4 Insurers’ Strategies to Become Wellness Providers
6 Definitions and Methodology
7 About GlobalData
7.1 Contact GlobalData
7.2 About GlobalData
7.3 GlobalData’s Services
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.