The Denim market has proliferated to encompass everything from jeans and jackets to dresses and dungarees. While jeans have enjoyed long-term relevance to the typical consumer’s wardrobe, other products have experienced more periodic interest. Yet the last year has seen the interest in Denim products peak, paving the way for retailers to push less conventional lines like dresses and dungarees. Over the year, consumers spent between £30 and £50 on each product group.
• Over the year, consumers spent between £30 and £50 on each product group. Over twice as much on average was spent on women’s jackets as men’s, suggesting that women’s Denim jackets were bought in higher volumes over the year.
• Consumer research demonstrated that this is a market where consumers shop around. There was particularly high cross-over at the value end. A high proportion of value shoppers also went to middle market players for their Denim products. By contrast, Next and M&S saw far lower cross-over with competitors.
• Price was the chief driver when selecting retailers for Denim, with Range coming in close behind. The Top 10 retailers were clearly polarised between value-level retailers and middle market leaders.
• Just shy of half of all consumers shopped the sector over the last year, with the highest penetration rate witnessed in the 18-24 group. These incredibly high penetration rates demonstrate how great the demand is for Denim products and how fundamental they should be to fashion retailers’ propositions.
• The Denim market enjoyed higher custom from women than men. There was also a difference in the preference for shopping channels, with city centre high streets representing the most popular destination for women and shopping malls proving more attractive to men.
Reasons to Buy
This Trend Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the UK Denim market based on insights from Verdict’s consumer survey and secondary research.
The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging UK Denim market.
Table of Contents
Strategies for Success
List of Tables
List of Figures
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.