Zero trust is a strategic approach to secure infrastructure and data that necessitates all users, whether in or outside an organization’s network, to constantly be authenticated, authorized, and validated for security configuration and posture before providing access to applications or data. Zero trust can be achieved both ways, with or without the integration of blockchain technology.
The zero trust future TechSeries report highlights the factors driving and challenging the implementation of zero trust, regulatory scenario, and the future potential of zero trust in the coming years to secure cloud-native applications.
In the wake of accelerated digital transformation, traditional perimeter-based security models often fail to protect modern digital environments. Against the backdrop, enterprises explore zero trust as it takes a micro-level approach to authenticate and approve access at every point within a network.
The Road Ahead
Enterprise adoption of zero trust is anticipated to be driven by a growing shift towards hybrid-work models and cloud-centric operations to facilitate end-to-end security and orchestration in a data-driven future. Emerging concepts such as zero trust as-a-service will gain traction soon.
Patent Landscape Analysis
Patenting activity in zero trust sees a boom, notably in the telecom and financial services sectors. The US leads the filings, followed by China and the UK. Alibaba, IBM, and Capital One are the top filers with their research focus on MFA, end end-to-end encryption for efficient security systems.
Media & Trend Analysis
Business leaders bet on zero trust’s potential for transitioning to cloud models and enabling secure access to huge volumes of data from any device, anywhere. Large enterprises gear up to hire mid to senior talent to design and develop industry-specific zero trust platforms.
Zero trust startups attract venture capital (VC) funding primarily for multifactor authentication (MFA), identity access management, and micro-segmentation. US leads the global VC funding to securely connect authenticated users anywhere, using any device.
Cybersecurity solution providers design innovations on legacy virtual private network (VPN) replacement, domain system security, cloud entity engine, biometric authentication, and AI-powered firewalls to enable their customers to implement zero trust easily and effectively.
For more insights on the impact of zero trust on cybersecurity, download a free report sample
- Technology Decoding: presents the need for a zero trust model, challenges addressed by zero trust, definition and major advantages, comparison between traditional security model and zero trust model, illustrative zero trust architecture, prominent use cases, and active startups and enterprises.
- Media & Trend Analysis: highlights the presentation of zero trust from the media perspective – major news and lauds from social media promoting the technology. It also includes mentions of web zero trust in company annual filings and hiring trends.
- Investment Radar: outlines the total investment trends, prominent acquisition initiatives, venture capital investment trends, leading investors, and corporate investors and investees
- Innovation Explorer: introduces game-changing company innovations with a spotlight on startups, select corporate partnerships inclined at future product developments
- Patent Landscape Analysis: provides a broad-level analysis of the trends in patent filings and grants, technology leaders, filing trends by technology and industry, priority countries, and some interesting patents of zero trust from corporations and startups.
- The Road Ahead: summarizes the drivers and challenges, strategies to address challenges, regulatory landscape, implementational challenges, potential use cases and new concepts emerging, and outlook
Zero trust overview and high impact industries, ecosystem players, and big companies in each industry embracing zero trust and its ecosystem trends, the buzz created in the media, VC investment trends, examples related to the implementation of zero trust models in financial services, healthcare, telecom, transportation, education, energy, government, manufacturing, and retail, trends in patent filings and grants, factors driving and challenging the implementation of zero trust, regulatory scenario, and the future potential of zero trust in the coming years to secure cloud-native applications.
Reasons to Buy
GlobalData’s FutureTech Series Reports are aimed at capturing futuristic technologies which have the potential to disrupt tomorrow. These technologies are constantly changing, adapting, and progressing to enable a paradigm shift in our daily lives. The awareness, knowledge, and expertise of these topics help transform business models and strategic thinking with an in-depth understanding of megatrends that can directly influence patenting, collaboration, acquisition, and investment decisions.
Advanced New Technology
Area 1 Security
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Bank of America
Black Gold Coin
Charoen Pokphand Group
National Australia Bank
National Institutes of Health
Palo Alto Networks
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
Singapore Exchange Limited
Talon Cyber Security
The Harbor Bank of Maryland
West Bend Mutual Insurance
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Technology Decoding: Trends in data compromises, definition and key properties, evolution of zero trust, traditional vs zero trust, zero trust architecture, major industries and use cases, and key players
2. Media & Trend Analysis: Popular news publications, social media traction, thought leadership, mentions in company filings, and hiring trends of big companies
3. Investment Radar: Total funding, mergers & acquisitions, VC investment trends by value, volume, and geography, leading VC investors, corporate investors and investees
4. Innovation Explorer: Key innovators and innovations across major industries, large enterprises in action, and strategic corporate partnerships to deploy zero trust
5. Patent Landscape Analysis: Trends in patent filings, grants, & publications, patent filings by country, top patent filers, key filing trends by industries, and interesting patents
6. The Road Ahead: Drivers and challenges, regulatory landscape, potential use cases for business leaders, emerging concepts, and zero trust maturity model
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.