Proppants in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2017-22, and forecast to 2027). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– Proppants are solid materials, mostly sand, treated sand, or man-made ceramic materials used in hydraulic fracturing, a method used to extract oil and gas from deep underground sedimentary rock formations. Proppants prevent the opened fractures from closing on the release of pressure. These proppants are used to keep the artificially created hydraulic fractures open after the injection process to continue and enhance the extraction of oil and gas.
– The Asia-Pacific proppants market had total revenues of $0.8 billion in 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2017 and 2022.
– Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.1% between 2017 and 2022, to reach a total of 5,985.8 Kilotons in 2022.
– The growth of the Asia-Pacific proppants market is attributed to the presence of enormous extraction projects for shale gas in countries such as China, India, and Australia. According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), shale gas production in China increased by 0.8 billion cubic feet per day between 2019–22.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the proppants market in Asia-Pacific
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key proppants market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific proppants market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
– What was the size of the Asia-Pacific proppants market by value in 2022?
– What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific proppants market in 2027?
– What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific proppants market?
– How has the market performed over the last five years?
– How large is Asia-Pacific’s proppants market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Baker Hughes Company
CARBO Ceramics Inc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What are the strategies followed by the leading players?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Covia Holdings Corp
8.2. Baker Hughes Company
8.3. CARBO Ceramics Inc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related GlobalData research
List of Tables
Table 1: Asia-Pacific proppants market value: $ million, 2017–22
Table 2: Asia–Pacific proppants market volume: Kilotons, 2017–22
Table 3: Asia–Pacific proppants market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017–2022
Table 4: Asia-Pacific proppants market category segmentation: $ million, 2017-2022
Table 5: Asia–Pacific proppants market geography segmentation: $ million, 2022
Table 6: Asia-Pacific proppants market value forecast: $ million, 2022–27
Table 7: Asia–Pacific proppants market volume forecast: Kilotons, 2022–27
Table 8: Covia Holdings Corp: key facts
Table 9: Covia Holdings Corp: key employees
Table 10: Baker Hughes Company: key facts
Table 11: Baker Hughes Company: annual financial ratios
Table 12: Baker Hughes Company: key employees
Table 13: CARBO Ceramics Inc: key facts
Table 14: CARBO Ceramics Inc: key employees
Table 15: ChangQing Proppant: key facts
Table 16: Asia-Pacific exchange rate, 2018–22
List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia-Pacific proppants market value: $ million, 2017–22
Figure 2: Asia–Pacific proppants market volume: Kilotons, 2017–22
Figure 3: Asia-Pacific proppants market category segmentation: $ million, 2017-2022
Figure 4: Asia–Pacific proppants market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2022
Figure 5: Asia-Pacific proppants market value forecast: $ million, 2022–27
Figure 6: Asia–Pacific proppants market volume forecast: Kilotons, 2022–27
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the proppants market in Asia-Pacific, 2022
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 33,000 mines and projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.