Circle is a US-based payment services provider. Launched In 2013, Circle initially offered Circle Pay, a peer-to-peer money transfer solution allowing users to transfer money in currencies including US dollars, pound sterling, and euros. In September 2019, Circle discontinued Circle Pay. It now offers blockchain-based payment processing solutions. The services offered by the company include Circle Account, Circle APIs, and Circle Yield. Users can store, make, and accept payments from customers via their Circle Account, which involves users linking a bank account to tokenize fiat currency into USD Coin (USDC). USDC is a US dollar-pegged regulated stablecoin managed by Centre (a consortium founded by Circle and Coinbase). Once a bank account is linked, the Circle Account is created. The service is now supported in over 180 countries.
Meanwhile, Circle APIs enable businesses to leverage blockchain technology to make and accept payments. Circle offers three APIs: Payments API, Payouts API, and Accounts API. It also offers Circle Yield, allowing its business customers to lend their USDC balance and generate returns.
In February 2022, Circle reached a new agreement with special purpose acquisition company Concord Acquisition Corp., replacing the previous agreement made in July 2021. As per the agreed terms, both Concord and Circle will be acquired by a new holding company and become publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The acquisition is expected to complete by the end of January 2023, bringing the company’s valuation to $9 billion.
The report provides information and insights into Circle including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– October 2013 , Circle was launched.
– In September 2016 , Circle introduced iMessage money transfer service for users of iOS 10 and above, allowing individuals to transfer money in US dollars, euros, and pound sterling via Apple’s texting service.
– In March 2019, CircleAcquired US-based equity crowdfunding platform SeedInvest.
– In January 2022, Launched USDC support on the Flow network a decentralized developer focused blockchain network
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Circle's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products and Services