Dairy Packaging Opportunities – New Packaging Formats and Value-added Features explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the dairy category, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool.
With a broad and varied range of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. In addition to functionality that has always been important, ecological awareness is prompting companies to invest in less petroleum-based materials and more eco-friendly formats to follow the green agenda of consumers. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to the changing lifestyles of busy consumers. Packaging can also be used to give the impression of unique product and bring a satisfying feel to consumers. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
Your key questions answered –
– What drives packaging innovations in dairy?
– What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in this category in recent years?
– Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
– How can dairy producers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
– Eco-consumerism is also on the rise in the dairy products sector which is reflected in plastic-free or other sustainable materials used for packaging production. Some manufacturers are introducing even small changes such as modifications to closure construction, not only to meet official regulations but also to build a better image in the eyes of eco-conscious consumers.
– Easy to use formats that facilitate smooth consumption or more hygienic dispensing are also popular. Eye-catching decorative elements or unusual pack shapes speak to those who like to indulge themselves with something extraordinary.
– There is also a group of quality-focused consumers who are ready to pay slightly more for premium products that show improved sustainability or social responsibility. Such packs, usually made of quality materials could be repurposed to deliver a touch of luxury that could be worth buying.
Reasons to Buy
– Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Appreciate the importance of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Arla Foods Deutschland GmbH
Danone Pulmuone Co. Ltd
Die Kaesemacher GmbH
Glaeserne Molkerei GmbH
Heaven Made Foods of Holt Ltd.
Hochland Polska Sp.z.o.o.
Hy Co. Ltd
MARESI Austria GmbH
Pucheng Dairy Chengde Co. Ltd
Saputo Dairy UK
SD Sugar Daddies GmbH
Slingshot Foods LLC
Yeo Valley Organic
Yoplait UK Ltd
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Category Packaging Opportunities: Dairy
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.