The Digital Landscape Ankylosing Spondylitis report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for active Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for active Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS).
The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of GlobalData’s digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
This report covers the research period from January 2017 – December 2017.
• US Patients: AbbVie and Novartis provide the strongest online support to AS patients in the US. Novartis was the most active in 2017 with a new Cosentyx campaign and unbranded activity on social media, while Janssen launched a counter-biosimilar campaign for Remicade. No AS-specific mobile apps detected for patients from pharma. Opportunity exists for a well-integrated unbranded campaign to support patients, linked to social media and a mobile app.
• US HCPs: Feature-rich HCP brand sites exist for all biologics. Amgen, Novartis, and Janssen added new AS content to existing sites in 2017, while AbbVie rolled out new Humira initiatives for HCPs. Unbranded and mobile app landscapes are sparse. Opportunities may exist to develop or sponsor content with trusted non-pharma organizations. Social media activity restricted to corporate accounts.
• EUCAN Patients: AbbVie provides the strongest branded and unbranded support to EUCAN patients followed by Novartis. Most recent social media activity detected by Novartis, while UCB provides the only AS-specific mobile app. Opportunity exists to provide multi-country, local-language support, incorporating unbranded campaigns with social media and mobile apps, where regulations allow.
• EUCAN HCPs: The EUCAN HCP landscape in AS is sparse; activity is mainly limited to brand sites, with most seen in Germany and the UK. The unbranded and mobile app landscapes are particularly underdeveloped, and partnerships with non-pharma organizations may offer more effective opportunities to engage with and support HCPs.
Reasons to Buy
Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of pharma multichannel activity in the digital AS space, and can assist our pharma clients derive value in a number of ways:
• Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in AS
• Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
• Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
• Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in AS and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in AS
Merck / MSD
Table of Contents
Landscape & Analysis
US: Patient-directed Activities
US HCP-directed Activities
EUCAN Patient-directed Activities
EUCAN HCP-directed Activities
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.