GrabPay is part of a portfolio of services operating under Grab Holdings Inc., a Singapore-based mobile technology company. The company was initially founded in Malaysia under the MyTeksi brand in 2012, offering ride-hailing services. It was later rebranded to GrabTaxi. Since relocating to Singapore in 2014, the company settled with the name Grab and has since branched out into many other mobile-app-based, on-demand, services divided into four main areas: ride hailing, deliveries, financial services, and enterprise solutions. Besides operating in its home base of Singapore, Grab has services available in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
GrabPay serves as the mobile wallet within Grab’s super-app. All of Grab’s services can be paid for using GrabPay. In addition, GrabPay can be used to pay for online as well as in-store purchases. GrabPay is the most widely accepted mobile wallet across Southeast Asia.
There is a large financially underserved market in Asia-Pacific, and the smartphone has become an essential tool to bring financial services to this group of consumers. Grab thus offers a lot of potential over the immediate to long term. This helps explain why it has attracted investments from companies around the world, including SoftBank, Didi, Toyota, and Hyundai.
The report provides information and insights into GrabPay including –
• Detailed insight into its business
• Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
• Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
• Information on its performance highlights
• The company's important events and milestones
• In August 2017, Grab launched peer-to-peer fund transfers in Singapore.
• In November 2018, Grab partnered with Thailand’s Kasikornbank to launch GrabPay in Thailand.
• In December 2019, GrabPay Card – Asia-Pacific’s first numberless Mastercard – was launched in Singapore.
• In February 2021, GrabPay partnered with Singapore-based fund transfer service provider PayNow. This allowed GrabPay customers to send or accept transfers between bank accounts and e-wallets, as well as across e-wallets, via the PayNow payment method.
• In September 2022, GrabPay partnered with P-PRO, UK-based payment service provider to allow P-PRO partner merchants to accept GrabPay payment in Malaysia.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain insights into GrabPay business operations and key events.
• Gain insights into its product portfolio and performance highlights.
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Touch n' Go eWallet
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.