GlobalData’s 'HSBC Private Bank – Competitor Profile' provides a comprehensive analysis of HSBC’s private banking and wealth management operations. It offers insights into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management (AUM). Customer targeting and service propositions are covered, as are product innovation and marketing activities.
Headquartered in London, HSBC Holdings is a global universal bank. HSBC Private Bank is a brand used by its Global Private Banking (GPB) unit, catering to individuals with more than $5 million (or the local currency equivalent) in assets. GPB itself operates as a distinct unit within the newly created Wealth and Personal Banking division.
– HSBC Private Bank offers a wide range of traditional and alternative investment products as well as lending and deposit products to HNW and UHNW individuals, entrepreneurs, and family offices.
– In 2021, the operating revenues of HSBC Private Bank increased by 7.1% to reach $1.8 billion, mainly led by growth in non-interest income as driven by a rise in investment revenue, reflecting higher fees from advisory and discretionary mandates.
– The bank has also been exclusively focusing on the digitalization of its products and services to better meet the demands of its clientele globally. In 2021, HSBC Private Bank launched HSBC GPB Chat (a client messaging platform for clients to interact with their relationship managers), HSBC GPB eSignature, and an online trading platform.
– Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) remains a key focus. To add specific sustainable investment objectives to its wealth offerings, HSBC launched its first discretionary mandate focused on biodiversity in May 2022 for private banking clients in Hong Kong. In August 2021, HSBC launched an ESG-themed structured note for its HNW and UHNW clients in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Reasons to Buy
– Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth of HSBC and its Private Banking division and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
– Understand HSBC Private Banking’s current strategic objectives and their impact on its financial performance.
– Discover HSBC Private Banking’s key products and client-targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
– Learn more about HSBC Private Banking’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
HSBC Private Bank
My Money Bank
L&T Investment Management
Amazon Web Services
Shanghai United Community Charity Foundation
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Customers and Products
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.