Spirometers (Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices) – Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 Market Impact) is built to visualize quantitative market trends within anesthesia and respiratory devices therapeutic area.
The model discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on the Spirometer’s market for the year 2020 and beyond. The spirometer market is driven by a wide variety of factors; however, the market is primarily driven by the increase in the aging population and the increase in primary pulmonary pathological conditions (COPD and asthma). Spirometers are medical devices that measure the volume of air inspired and expired by the lungs, in patients. Ideally, the device detects the ventilation and movement of air in and out of the lungs for diagnostic purpose. There are three primary uses for this device: pulmonary function tests (PFTs), to rule out asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. Patient monitoring of lung capacity in patients before surgery. And lastly, patient monitoring of treatment efficacy in patients with pulmonary diseases.
The market for PC based spirometer devices is increasing due to their reliability, advanced quality, and fast testing mechanisms due to the technological advances. In hospital settings, spirometers face a market challenge due to the increasing adoption of multi-parameter patient monitoring systems and body plethysmographs. Going forward, for PC based spirometer devices, revenue is expected to be driven from the disposable components of the device, specifically the transducers. Portable devices remain an increasing market due to their technological advances, providing accurate and reliable testing.
Scope of the Spirometers market model
Robust methodologies and sources enable the model to provide extensive and accurate overview of the market. Demand and supply-side primary sources are integrated within the syndicated models, including Key Opinion Leaders. In addition, real world data sources are leveraged to determine market trends; these include government procedure databases, hospital purchasing databases, and proprietary online databases.
Currently marketed Spirometers and evolving competitive landscape:
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized total spirometers market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015–2030.
- Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices and market values by segment.
- Global, Regional and Country level market specific insights include qualitative market specific information is available with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition, GlobalData analysts provide unique country specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for spirometer’s market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for spirometer’s market.
Drive the understanding of the market by getting the veritable big picture including an overview of the healthcare system. In addition, the Market Access segment allows you to delve deeper into market dynamics with information on reimbursement policies and the regulatory landscape.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
What is the Spirometers market size during the historical and forecast period?
For more segment insights, download a free report sample
What are the key trends within the Spirometers market?
North America holds the largest share of the overall market, and the region is expected to retain its position during the forecast period. The US is the larger contributor to the regional market, as compared to Canada.
In regard to spirometers, the EU market generally reflects the similar trends seen in the NA space, however, some countries in the region have more modest CAGRs.
The market for spirometers is expected to grow at a generally steady rate due to the high prevalence and incidence of pulmonary diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. APAC is one of the fastest-growing regions. This is due to the fact that there are many emerging and developing markets in the APAC region where patients don’t necessarily have access to basic healthcare.
The South & Central American region is expected to grow, irrespective of limited healthcare budgets, since many of these countries are still developing, and PC-based spirometers are preferred over patient monitoring systems in these countries.
Increasing investments in healthcare infrastructure and state-of-the-art medical research facilities in the Middle East & Africa will drive expanded access to the device in the forecast period, along with a growing population, improvements in life expectancy, and increased awareness among both patients and physicians regarding available treatment options.
Spirometers market report scope
|Market value (Year – 2021)||$111.1 million|
|Segmentation by sector||PC based Spirometers, and Portable and Handheld Spirometers|
|Key companies||Vyaire Medical Inc, Vitalograph Ltd, Medical International Research Srl, Cosmed Srl, nSpire Health Inc, Schiller AG, ndd Medical Technologies Inc, Chest M.I. Inc, Welch Allyn Inc, Minato Medical Science Co Ltd, Recorders & Medicare Systems Pvt Ltd.|
|Regions covered||North America, South & Central America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific|
|Countries covered||US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates|
Who are the Spirometers market vendors?
The model analyses the competitive landscape of the spirometers market and includes information on key market vendors.
Vyaire Medical Inc, Vitalograph Ltd, Medical International Research Srl, Cosmed Srl, nSpire Health Inc, Schiller AG, ndd Medical Technologies Inc, Chest M.I. Inc, Welch Allyn Inc, Minato Medical Science Co Ltd, Recorders & Medicare Systems Pvt Ltd.
Reasons to Buy
This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for:
- CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the spirometers marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
The model will enable you to:
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on spirometer’s market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving spirometers market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the spirometers market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific spirometers market from 2015-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Vyaire Medical Inc, Vitalograph Ltd, Medical International Research Srl, Cosmed Srl, nSpire Health Inc, Schiller AG, ndd Medical Technologies Inc, Chest M.I. Inc, Welch Allyn Inc, Minato Medical Science Co Ltd, Recorders & Medicare Systems Pvt Ltd, Others
Frequently Asked Questions
The spirometers market in 2021 is worth $111.1 million.
The spirometers market has been segmented by product (PC based spirometers, and portable and handheld spirometers) and by 5 regions (North America, South & Central America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific) and 39 countries.
Key players in the spirometers market include Vyaire Medical Inc, Vitalograph Ltd, Medical International Research Srl, Cosmed Srl, nSpire Health Inc, Schiller AG, ndd Medical Technologies Inc, Chest M.I. Inc, Welch Allyn Inc, Minato Medical Science Co Ltd, Recorders & Medicare Systems Pvt Ltd.
PC-based spirometers has the largest share of the global spirometers market.
Vyaire Medical Inc. has the largest market share in the spirometers market.