GlobalData's "Tourism Potential Index 2017", provides a ranking of 60 major developed and emerging markets around the world to inform the reader of potential growth opportunities in the tourism sector.
GlobalData’s Tourism Potantial Index is designed to provide a standardish view of the underlying level of potential for expansion in the tourism sector across 60 major markets in both the developed and developing world. The first part of the ranking is based on the forecasted average annual growth in international arrivals. The second part of the rankings – a star rating, is based on analysis of current conditions and a risk-adjusted assessment of growth potential.
The star rating is based on four pillars, and each country is additionally separately ranked according to these; these include significance, competitiveness, attractiveness and convenience. Significance outlines how important tourism is for the country as a whole, competitiveness provides value for money in terms of pricing, general consumer goods and specific tourism services, attractiveness considers cultural, economic and other assets which draw both leisure and business travellers to the country, and convenience examines the difficulty in travelling to the country, getting in, and getting around.
– Iceland is ranked first, with a large surge in international arrivals between 2015 and 2016 and the highest forecasted average annual growth rate for 2016-2021 out of all 60 countries. Iceland is benefiting from the increased number of flights that Icelandic LCC WOW Air has added to Reykjavik.
– Chile is the highest ranked South American country. The country has witnessed fast growth in terms of international tourists in the last few years, partly due to increased airline access and improved international marketing campaigns.
– Egypt has the lowest forecast of all countries, with projected growth on 1.1% on an annual basis. Its tourism industry has struggled to rebound since the 2011 uprising, due a string of incidents such as the downing of Metrojet Flight 9268 in October 2015, which was predominantly carrying tourists.
Reasons to Buy
– GlobalData’s Tourism Potential Index 2017 uses analysis and data to provide the reader with valuable insight into tourism markets around the world which have significant growth potential.
– The index gives the reader a clear understanding and actionable insight into where there are future opportunities.
Air Arabia Maroc
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Overview Star Rating
Country In Focus – Hungary
Country In Focus – Mauritius
Country In Focus – Morocco
Country In Focus – Argentina
Country In Focus – Switzerland
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.