Affirm – Competitor Profile
Founded in 2012, Affirm was one of the earliest buy now pay later (BNPL) startups enabling consumers to pay for goods and services in installments. Its BNPL service was initially available online but was later extended for in-store purchases.
In January 2021, Affirm acquired Canadian BNPL provider PayBright and started its operations in the country. With the popularity of BNPL in Australia, Affirm decided to enter the market in December 2021 and take on domestic BNPL provider Afterpay. Currently Affirm operates in the US, Canada, and Australia.
With over 11 million users and 168,000 merchant partners across the US, the company offers both online and in-store payments and has become a strong alternative to credit cards as well as a key payment solution for people with limited access to traditional credit.
The report provides information and insights into Affirm including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance highlights
– The company's important events and milestones
– In July 2014, Affirm launched Split Pay, a service that lets online merchants offer BNPL at the POS.
– In November 2018, Affirm introduced retail discovery tool that shows consumers where to use Affirm.
– In August 2019, Affirm partnered with Verishop to offer BNPL options on its online shopping platform.
– In November 2020, Affirm partnered with Adyen to let Adyen’s merchants add Affirm as a payment option.
– In May 2022, Affirm and Fiserv partnered to make Affirm available to Fiserv enterprise merchant clients later in 2022.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Affirm's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and performance highlights.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.