Albania Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2023-2028
Albania defense Market Report Overview
The Albania defense market budget is worth $404.1 million in 2023 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 11% during 2024-2028. The Albania defense market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Albania Defense Market Outlook 2023-2028, ($ Million)
To gain more information about the Albania defense market forecast, download a free report sample
Albania Defense Market Drivers
Modernization of depleting equipment, and contribution to NATO are key factors driving defense expenditure in Albania. Albania has made significant contributions to NATO via shared facilities and personnel deployed on operations in Afghanistan, as well as bilaterally supporting US operations in Iraq. Albania also regularly contributes troops to the South-Eastern Europe Brigade containing multiple NATO members, the KFOR mission in Kosovo, and UN peacekeeping in Liberia and the Ivory coast. Albania will continue to ensure a portion of its defense budget is spent on maintaining the equipment and training needed to contribute to these efforts.
Albania Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
Albanian military doctrine is centred on the ‘joint warfare’ concept in line with NATO standards which emphasizes a flexible and adaptable force that can scale up or down according to the mission and integrate seamlessly with allied forces – in line with other NATO countries. Albania’s Army comprises a rapid reaction brigade, a smaller ‘Commando’ special forces regiment, and the ‘Area Support’ brigade which facilitates engineering, transport, logistics, medical and intelligence units, and other operations. In terms of operations, Albanian land forces are for the most part lightly armed with mortar fire support and mechanized mostly with light utility vehicles including second-hand Land Rovers and Iveco light-armoured cars. Albania’s navy takes on primarily coastguard and maritime policing duties, which take on extra importance considering the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) natural gas route that runs through the country and into the waters off the Albanian coast.
Albania Defense Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the Albania defense market are Military UAV, EOIR, Tactical Communication Systems, Military Simulation and Training, and ING GNSS. Between 2023 and 2028, the military UAV is expected to be the leading sector in the Albania defense market, followed by EOIR defense systems.
Albania Defense Market Analysis by Sectors 2023 (%)
For more sector insights into the Albania defense market, download a free report sample
Albania Defense Market Report Overview
|Market Size (2023)||$404.1 million|
|Key Sectors||Military UAV, EOIR, Tactical Communication Systems, Military Simulation and Training, and ING GNSS|
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Albania defense budget: detailed analysis of the Albania 2023 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and the process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the Albania military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Albania military procurement regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Albania are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Albania’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Albania defense market over the next five years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Albania market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Albania defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Albania government.
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Defense Budget Assessment
- 2.1. Budgeting Process
- 2.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast
- 2.3. Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- 2.4. Analysis of Defense Expenditure Allocation
- 2.5. Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- 3. Military Doctrine and Security Environment
- 3.1. Military Doctrine and Strategy
- 3.2. Strategic Alliances and Geopolitics
- 3.3. Political, Social and Economic Scenario
- 4. Market Entry Strategy and Regulations
- 4.1. Defense Procurement Bodies
- 4.2. Funding Opportunities
- 4.3. Trade Associations and Defense Clusters
- 4.4. Types of Contracts and Opportunities
- 4.5. Types of Procurement Procedure
- 4.6. Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
- 4.7. Market Entry Routes
- 4.8. Key Challenges
- 5. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities
- 5.1. Market Attractiveness, 2023–28
- 5.2. Top Defense Segments by Value
- 6. Defense Platform Acquisitions
- 6.1. Defense Platform Acquisitions by Value
- 6.2. Bayraktar TB.2
- 7. Fleet Size
- 7.1. Army
- 7.2. Navy
- 7.3. Air Force
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Defense Companies Operating in Albania
- 8.2. Main Defense Companies
- 9. Appendix
- 9.1. About This Report
- 9.2. About Us
- 9.3. Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
The defense market size in Albania is valued at $404.1 million in 2023.
The defense market in the Albania is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 11% during 2024-2028.
The key sectors in the Albania defense market are Military UAV, EOIR, Tactical Communication Systems, Military Simulation and Training, and ING GNSS.
Modernization of depleting equipment, and contribution to NATO are key factors driving defense expenditure in Albania.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.