“Alcoholic Beverages Packaging Opportunities – New Packaging Formats and Value-added Features” explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the alcoholic beverages category, using examples from GlobalData’s Pack-Track innovation tool.
The alcoholic beverage sector is dynamic, with strong competitors in the market, many of which have been established for many years. Such manufacturers aim to make their products unique and quite often build their position on heritage and tradition which are reflected in the packaging design. Consumer awareness of environmental issues is growing and therefore the number of eco-friendly packaging concepts is noticeable in the sector. Although glass packaging is quite dominant for alcoholic beverages, there is a space for introducing lighter materials that help with lowering CO2 emissions associated with transportation costs. At the same time, consumers value nice-looking, elegantly designed products or other added features that very often bring a feel of specialty to the offering. We have used GlobalData’s Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the sector, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData’s TrendSights framework.
Your key questions answered –
– What drives packaging innovations in alcoholic beverages?
– What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the alcoholic beverages category in recent years?
– Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
– How can alcoholic beverages manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
– Packaging of alcoholic beverages is very often one of the decisive factors influencing the perception of the brand.
– Manufacturers compete to invent unique, sometimes even retro designs that can give their products a character and stand out from the competition.
– Modern consumers are also increasingly looking for experiences that go beyond the product itself and like to be surprised by new impressions, for example related to augmented reality or to a ritual that involves consuming or preparing a drink.
Reasons to Buy
– Use GlobalData’s Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Appreciate the importance of innovative packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
1404 Manufacturing GmbH
Bartex Bartol Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
Blue Tree Ltd.
Browar Miejski Gloger Sp. Z o.o.
Budejovicky Budvar n.p.
Debowa Polska Sp. z o.o. Sp.k.
Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG
Gekkeikan Sake Co.
Global Wine & Food Trade
Henkell & Co Sektkellerei KG
Japan Centre Group Ltd
KL Logistic Polska sp. z o.o.
Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.
Lovico Diama s.r.o.
Lovico Lozari JSC
New Hall Vineyards
Plzensky Prazdroj a.s.
Rugener Insel-Brauerei GmbH
Santero F.lli & C. I.V.A.S.S. S.p.A.
Societa Agricola 47 A. D
Suvorov Vin S.R.L.
The Absolut Company AB
The English Vine
Treasury Wine Estates
Van Pur S.A.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Category Packaging Opportunities: Alcoholic Beverages
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points
Frequently Asked Questions
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.