Bermudian Insurance Industry – Governance, Risk and Compliance
GlobalData’s ‘Bermudian Insurance Industry – Governance, Risk, and Compliance’ report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
– The BMA supervises and regulates the Bermudian insurance and reinsurance industry
– Effective from January 1, 2016, Bermuda’s commercial insurers and reinsurers’ regimes were declared equivalent to EC’s Solvency II regime.
– 60% FDI is permitted in the Bermudian insurance industry.
– Social insurance system, health insurance, motor third-party liability insurance, merchant shipping insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and professional indemnity insurance are the key classes of compulsory insurance in the Bermudian insurance industry.
– The government of Bermuda does not impose any tax on corporate incomes, capital gains, and dividends.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Bermuda, including –
– An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
– The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
– Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
– Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Bermuda.
– Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
– Details of the tax and legal systems in the country
– The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda
– The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
– The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
– The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
– The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
• The Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) is the government regulatory body supervising and regulating the Bermudian insurance and reinsurance industry
• Effective from January 1, 2016, Bermuda’s commercial insurers’ and reinsurers’ regimes were declared equivalent to EC’s Solvency II regime.
• Foreign direct investment up to 100% is permitted in the insurance industry of Bermuda.
• Social insurance system, health insurance, motor third-party liability insurance, merchant shipping insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and professional indemnity insurance are the key classes of compulsory insurance in the Bermudian insurance industry.
• The government of Bermuda does not impose any tax on corporate incomes, capital gains and dividends. This no tax regime of Bermuda extends until 2016.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
– Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Bermudian insurance industry.
– Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
– Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Social security insurance for old age, disability and survivors
2.4.2 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.3 Merchant shipping insurance
2.4.4 Workers’ compensation insurance
2.4.5 Health insurance
2.4.6 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries
2.4.7 Day care center insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Bermuda Monetary Authority
2.5.3 Bermuda International Long-Term Insurers and Reinsurers Association
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Bermuda – Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Bermuda – Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Bermuda – Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Bermuda – Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Bermuda – Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Bermuda – Payroll tax for the year 2020
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Bermuda – Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Bermuda – Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.