Competitor Profile: TransferWise
TransferWise is a global cross-border money transfer solution. Founded in the UK in March 2010, the solution now enables users to send money globally in more than 50 currencies to recipients’ bank accounts.
TransferWise operates on a peer-to-peer (P2P) money transfer model with a network of international accounts around the world. Instead of transferring the sender's money directly to the recipient in a foreign country, TransferWise redirects them to the recipient of another transfer going in the opposite direction, thereby eliminating the need for currency conversion and for funds to actually cross borders. This means TransferWise can offer lower transaction fees than its competitors.
To diversify its portfolio, TransferWise introduced the multi-currency Borderless account for businesses in May 2017 and later extended it to individual customers. Account holders are offered a Mastercard-branded contactless debit card that can be used for in-store and online payments as well as cash withdrawals at ATMs in multiple currencies.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution TransferWise, including:
– Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In March 2010, TransferWise was founded in the UK.
– TransferWise operates on a P2P money transfer model with a network of international accounts around the world.
– TransferWise enables users to send or receive money in 47 currencies through their online website and mobile app.
– In August 2019, TransferWise launched TransferWise Platinum Mastercard debit cards for individuals and businesses in New Zealand and Australia.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into TransferWise's business operations, and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
How Does It Work?
Products & Services
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.