Cybersecurity – Thematic Intelligence
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Cybersecurity Thematic Overview
Cyber risks are higher than ever, and the consequences of attacks are significant. State-sponsored cyberattacks are likely to increase in 2023. The Russian invasion of Ukraine, a continuing trade war between the US and China, and high-profile elections are all catalysts for such attacks. Attacks on critical national infrastructure and supply chains, highly effective at causing large-scale disruption and long-lasting financial impact, will increase in 2023. The Cybersecurity thematic intelligence report assesses how cybersecurity can be used by countries, organizations, and individuals to protect against cyberattackers, hacktivists, and terrorists.
|Value Chains||Hardware, Software, and Services|
|Leading Public Companies||Accenture, Alphabet (parent company of Google), and Check Point Software|
|Leading Private Companies||Cybereason, Code42, and ForgeRock|
Cybersecurity – Key Trends
The key cybersecurity market trends are classified into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Technology trends: Some of the key technology trends impacting the theme are the impact of ransomware attacks, multi-factor authentication, mobile cybersecurity, cloud security, DevSecOps, and supply chain attacks. For instance, Ransomware attacks are becoming more sophisticated and can devastate companies of all sizes. 2021 was called the “golden era of ransomware” by the EU Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA). According to ENISA, there was a 150% rise in ransomware attacks from April 2020 to July 2021.
- Macroeconomic trends: The key macroeconomic trends explained in the report are the Ukraine conflict, state-sponsored attacks, cybersecurity skills shortage, IT budgets, cybersecurity culture, and critical national infrastructure threats. For instance, the number of state-sponsored cyberattacks will likely increase in 2023. The conflict in Ukraine, a continuing trade war between the US and China, and high-profile elections create an environment ripe for state-sponsored activity.
- Regulatory trends: Ransomware regulations, EU cybersecurity legislation, mandatory disclosure of cyberattacks, and cooperation on supply chain security are a part of the regulatory trends impacting cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity – Industry Analysis
The cybersecurity market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 9% between 2022 and 2030. Software-based cybersecurity products will be the largest market segment and managed security services revenues will be the largest single market segment in 2030. They refer to services that have been outsourced to an external vendor or supplier. Companies facing a cybersecurity skills gap and a growing threat will increasingly outsource security services to external experts.
The Cybersecurity industry analysis also covers:
Global Security Revenues 2019-2030 ($ Billion)
For more insights into the cybersecurity revenue forecast, download a free report sample
Cybersecurity - Value Chain Analysis
The cybersecurity value chain consists of three main areas: hardware, software, and services.
Cybersecurity hardware: Chips are now being used in mission-critical servers and safety-critical applications. Thus protecting them from cyberattacks is becoming more critical and more expensive. Systems vendors such as Apple and Amazon are increasingly designing their own chips rather than buying commercially developed devices and intellectual property (IP) created by third-party developers. These vendors are developing their own ecosystems and requirements since security is a key concern.
Cybersecurity Value Chain Analysis
For more insights into the cybersecurity value chain, download a free report sample
Leading Public Companies
Some of the leading public companies making their mark within the cybersecurity theme:
- Alphabet (parent company of Google)
- Check Point Software
Leading Private Companies
Some of the leading private companies associated with this theme:
To know more about the leading public and private companies in the cybersecurity theme, download a free report sample
Enterprise Security Software Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our sector scorecard has three screens: a thematic screen, a valuation screen, and a risk screen.
- The thematic screen ranks companies based on overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future performance.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
- The risk screen ranks companies within a particular sector based on overall investment risk.
Enterprise Security Software Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
To know more about the sector scorecards, download a free report sample
Other sector scorecards provided in the report:
- IT services sector scorecard
Segments Covered in the Report
Cybersecurity Value Chain Outlook (Value, 2022-2030)
This report provides:
- An overview of the cybersecurity theme.
- Identification of the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Comprehensive industry analysis, including market size forecasts for cybersecurity and analysis of patents, company filings, hiring, and social media trends.
- Details of M&A deals driven by the cybersecurity theme, and a timeline highlighting milestones in the development of cybersecurity.
- The detailed value chain split into three main areas: hardware, software, and services. The hardware segment includes chip-based security. The software segment includes identity management, network security, endpoint security, threat detection and response, cloud security, data security, email security, application security, unified threat management, and vulnerability management. The services segment includes managed security services, post-breach response services, and risk and compliance services.
Reasons to Buy
- In a little over a decade, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF) Global Risks Report, cybercrime has moved from being a specialist crime to one of the most significant strategic risks facing the world today. This report provides an invaluable guide to this extremely disruptive theme. It includes comprehensive lists of the leading players across all aspects of the cybersecurity value chain, helping companies identify the right partners.
- The report also includes a guide to the major threat actors and looks at the main types of cyberattack, from un-targeted attacks like phishing to targeted attacks like distributed denial of service (DDoS).
Cadence Design Systems
Check Point Software
Palo Alto Networks
Tata Consultancy Services
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Players
- 3. Technology Briefing
- 3.1. Threat actors
- 3.2. Types of cyberattack
- 3.3. Stages of an attack
- 4. Trends
- 4.1. Technology trends
- 4.2. Macroeconomic trends
- 4.3. Regulatory trends
- 5. Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Market size and growth forecasts
- 5.2. Timeline
- 6. Signals
- 6.1. M&A trends
- 6.2. Venture financing trends
- 6.3. Patent trends
- 6.4. Company filing trends
- 6.5. Hiring trends
- 7. Value Chain
- 7.1. Cybersecurity hardware
- 7.2. Cybersecurity software
- 7.3. Cybersecurity services
- 8. Companies
- 8.1. Public companies
- 8.2. Private companies
- 9. Sector Scorecards
- 9.1. Enterprise security software sector scorecard
- 9.2. IT services sector scorecard
- 10. Glossary
- 11. Further Reading
- 12. Our Thematic Research Methodology
- 13. About GlobalData
- 14. Contact Us
Frequently asked questions
What are the components of the cybersecurity value chain?
The cybersecurity value chain consists of hardware, software, and services.
What are the key technology trends impacting the cybersecurity theme?
Some of the key technology trends impacting the cybersecurity theme are the impact of ransomware attacks, multi-factor authentication, mobile cybersecurity, cloud security, DevSecOps, and supply chain attacks.
Which are the leading public companies in cybersecurity?
Some of the leading public companies in cybersecurity are Accenture, Alphabet (parent company of Google), and Check Point Software.
Which are the leading private companies in cybersecurity?
Some of the leading private companies in cybersecurity are Cybereason, Code42, and ForgeRock.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.