Fostering Trust in Insurance
"Fostering Trust in Insurance", report takes a look at the concept of trust and its growing importance to consumers – and by extension to insurance propositions – in an era of GDPR-led data protection and a digital, connected world. The report discusses not only the extent to which trust is sought by consumers, but highlights two key routes to achieving trustworthiness within the insurance market, including case studies of brands taking these steps.
Being trusted is key to any service provider’s business. For insurance providers, where the product being sold is essentially a promise to pay out when the unthinkable or unfortunate happens, it is a foundational characteristic. Despite this, trust in the insurance industry is low. If Lemonade’s Dan Ariely’s assertion is to be believed, the market inherently encourages dishonesty by all. However, a number of opportunities exist to enhance the transparency and credibility providers can offer – engendering far greater trust from consumers.
– Of eight characteristics defined and researched in our consumer survey, trust emerged as the most important when respondents were asked to place statements in order of agreed sentiment. Almost two thirds of individuals were characterized as “trust-driven”.
– Transparency can be achieved by being honest and open with the customer on how their money is being used; being clear and fair about any changes in terms or alterations to premiums; and by making efforts to ensure policy terms and coverage are as easy to understand as possible.
– Credibility can be won by working to earn and encourage positive reviews; offering measured and personalized responses to feedback, regardless of whether it is negative or positive; and by letting actions speak louder than words by ensuring fair and fast payment of claims.
Reasons to Buy
– Enhance your view of the customer with nuanced segmentation that focuses on the importance of trust as a purchase-decision driver versus other motivations.
– Benchmark and consider your approach to customer servicing against a view of how consumer demands are shifting and what approaches other players are taking.
Bought By Many
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Trust is a key driver
Trust in insurance is low
Trust will increase in importance
Transparency is required
Credibility must be won in an online world
New business models are emerging
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.