Germany Skincare Market Assessment by Categories, Distribution, Packaging, Demographics and Forecasts to 2027
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Germany Skincare Market Report Overview
The Germany skincare market size was EUR5.41 billion ($5,693.6 million) in 2022. The market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during 2022-2027. Per capita consumption of skincare in Germany was higher than the global level in 2022.
Germany Skincare Market Outlook, (EUR Billion, 2022-2027)
Buy the Full Report for More Insights on the Germany skincare Market Forecast, Download a Free Report Sample
The Germany skincare market research report provides insights on high-growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data, and companies’ market shares.
|Market Size 2022||EUR5.41 Billion ($5,693.6 Million)|
|Key Cities||• Berlin
|Key Categories||• Facial Care
• Body Care
• Hand Care
• Make-Up Remover
|Key Distribution Channels||• Parapharmacies/ Drugstores
• Direct Sellers
• Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
• Department Stores
• Health & Beauty Stores
|Key Packaging Material||• Rigid Plastics
• Rigid Metal
• Paper & Board
• Flexible Packaging
|Leading Companies||• L’Oreal S.A
• Beiersdorf Ag
• Clarins Group
• Procter & Gamble
• Aldi Suisse
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Germany Skincare Market Segmentation by Top Cities
The leading cities in Germany skincare sector are Berlin, Ruhrgebiet, Hamburg, Munich, and Cologne among others. Berlin emerged as the largest skincare market in Germany in 2022, followed by Ruhrgebiet.
Germany Skincare Market Analysis, by Top Cities, 2022 (%)
Buy the Full Report for More Insights on the Top cities in the Germany Skincare Market, Download a Free Report Sample
Germany Skincare Market Segmentation by Category
The key categories in the Germany skincare market are body care, facial care, hand care, depilatories, and make-up remover. The facial care category led the German skincare sector in 2022 and is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2022–2027. It is followed by make-up remover and hand care sector.
Germany Skincare Market Analysis, by Categories, 2022 (%)
Buy the Full Report for More Insights on the Top Categories in the Germany Skincare Market, Download a Free Report Sample
Germany Skincare Market Segmentation by Distribution Channel
The key distribution channels in the Germany skincare market are para pharmacies/ drugstores, direct sellers, hypermarkets and supermarkets, department stores, e-retailers, health & beauty stores, and others. Parapharmacies/drugstores was the leading distribution channel in the German skincare sector in 2022, followed by hypermarkets & supermarkets and health & beauty stores.
Germany Skincare Market Analysis, by Distribution Channel, 2022 (%)
Buy the Full Report for More Insights on the Distribution Channels in the Germany Skincare Market, Download a Free Report Sample
Germany Skincare Market Segmentation by Packaging Material
The key packaging materials in the Germany skincare market are rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, and flexible packaging. Rigid plastics accounted for the highest share in the German skincare sector in 2022, followed by flexible packaging and glass.
Germany Skincare Market Analysis, by Packaging Material, 2022 (%)
Buy Full Report for More Insights on the Packaging Materials in the Germany Skincare Market, Download a Free Report Sample
Germany Skincare Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading companies in the Germany skincare market are L’Oreal S.A., Beiersdorf Ag, Clarins Group, Procter & Gamble, and Aldi Suisse. L’Oreal S.A accounted for the highest value share in the Germany skincare sector, in 2022.
Germany Skincare Market Analysis, by Companies, 2022 (%)
Buy Full Report for More Insights on the Companies in the Germany Skincare Market, Download a Free Report Sample
Segments Covered in the Report
Germany Skincare Market Outlook, by Cities (Value, 2017-2027, EUR Billion)
Germany Skincare Market Outlook, by Category (Value, 2017-2027, EUR Billion)
- Body Care
- Facial Care
- Hand Care
- Make-Up Remover
Germany Skincare Market Outlook, by Distribution Channel (Value, 2017-2027, EUR Billion)
- Direct Sellers
- Parapharmacies/ Drugstores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Department Stores
- Health & Beauty Stores
Germany Skincare Market Outlook, by Packaging Material (Value, 2017-2027, EUR Billion)
- Rigid Plastics
- Paper & Board
- Flexible Packaging
- Rigid Metal
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2017–2027
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for body care, facial care, hand care, depilatories, and make-up remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2022–2027
- Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2022
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for specialty container, tube, bottle, jar, tub, aerosol, bag/sachet, and other pack types, closure type for flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off and other closure types, primary outer types for carton – folding, blister pack, bag, sleeve, shrink wrap, and other primary outer types.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high-potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis.
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning.
- Our team of analysts has placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, identify the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector.
- Analysis of key macroeconomic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, employed people, and unemployment rate. It also includes an economic summary of the country along with the labor market and demographic trends.
Procter & Gamble
Dm-drogerie markt GmbH + Co. KG
Table of Contents
- 1. Report Scope
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Part 1: Market Environment
- 3.1. Value and Volume Share of Germany in the Global and Western European Markets
- 3.2. Growth Analysis of Germany Compared to Other Leading Countries in the Western European Market
- 3.3. PCC and PCE of Germany Compared to the Global and Western European Markets
- 4. Part 2: Sector Deep Dive
- 4.1. Germany skincare Sector Snapshot
- 4.2. Market Size Analysis
- 4.3. Cross-Category Comparison – Value Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
- 4.4. Cross-Category Comparison – Volume Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
- 5. Part 3: Category Deep Dive
- 5.1. Per Capita Consumption Analysis by Category
- 5.2. Market Size Analysis – Category: Body Care
- 5.3. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Body Care
- 5.4. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Body Care
- 5.5. Market Size Analysis – Category: Depilatories
- 5.6. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Depilatories
- 5.7. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Depilatories
- 5.8. Market Size Analysis – Category: Facial Care
- 5.9. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Facial Care
- 5.10. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Facial Care
- 5.11. Market Size Analysis – Category: Hand Care
- 5.12. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Hand Care
- 5.13. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Hand Care
- 5.14. Market Size Analysis – Category: Make-up Remover
- 5.15. Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Make-up Remover
- 5.16. Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Make-up Remover
- 6. Part 4: Distribution Analysis
- 6.1. Channel Share Analysis
- 7. Part 5: Competitive Environment
- 7.1. Leading Companies – Value and Volume Shares
- 7.2. Leading Companies (Mass vs Premium) – Value Shares
- 7.3. Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies
- 7.4. Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies by Category
- 7.5. Private Label Share Analysis by Category
- 7.6. Growth of Private Labels Compared to Branded Products
- 7.7. Degree of Consolidation/Fragmentation by Category
- 8. Part 6: Packaging Analysis
- 8.1. Pack Material Growth Analysis
- 8.2. Pack Type Growth Analysis
- 8.3. Closure Type Growth Analysis
- 8.4. Primary Outer Type Growth Analysis
- 9. Part 7: City Deep Dive
- 9.1. Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities
- 9.2. Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities by Category
- 9.3. Leading Cities Contribution to Volume Growth
- 10. Part 8: Consumergraphics
- 10.1. Demographic Analysis
- 11. Part 9: Macroeconomic Analysis
- 11.1. GDP Growth and Inflation
- 11.2. Population Growth
- 11.3. Labor Market Trend
- 11.4. Economic Summary, Labor Market Trends, and Demographic Trends
- 11.5. Germany Risk Index (GCRI) 2022
- 11.6. Germany Risk Analysis – Compared to Global and Western European Markets
- 12. Methodology
- 13. Definitions
- 14. Appendix
Frequently asked questions
What was the Germany skincare market size in 2022?
The Germany skincare market size was EUR5.41 billion ($5,693.6 million) in 2022.
What is the Germany skincare market growth rate?
The Germany skincare market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during 2022-2027.
Which was the leading city in the German skincare market?
Berlin emerged as the largest skincare market in Germany in 2022.
Which was the leading category of the German skincare market?
Facial care was the largest category in 2022 in the German skincare market.
Which was the leading distribution channel in the Germany skincare market?
Parapharmacies/drugstores led the Germany skincare market in 2022.
What was the leading packaging material used in the German skincare market?
Rigid plastics was the leading packaging material in the German skincare market in 2022.
Which are the leading companies in the Germany skincare market?
Some of the leading companies in the Germany skincare market are L’Oreal S.A., Beiersdorf Ag, Clarins Group, Procter & Gamble, and Aldi Suisse.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.