HSBC Group: FinTech Ecosystem
HSBC has created its own in-house innovation team and investment divisions, in addition to initiatives with Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) in Hong Kong and Kyriba in Singapore for launching innovation labs. These labs focus on fintech solutions including AI, biometrics, big data analytics, blockchain, cybersecurity, and internet finance.
HSBC invests in start-ups that offer secure platforms for businesses and corporates to communicate internally and with customers. Since 2016, HSBC has launched various mobile banking apps helping customers securely transact and manage their daily banking and trading activities.
HSBC organized and supported accelerator programs across Asia Pacific and the Americas. HSBC has also partnered with various organizations for events relating to the development and implementation of tech solutions in financial solutions.
The report provides information and insights into HSBC’s Fintech activities, including –
– Insights of its Fintech strategies
– Overview of Fintech investments covering investment size and technology
– Insights on key investments including details on company and its business description
– Details of various accelerator programs, partnerships, in-house launches, and other industry engagement programs.
– HSBC created a $200m fund in 2014 to invest in prominent fintech start-ups in order to improve its technology.
– Since 2013 HSBC has participated in 14 accelerator programs and supported over 170 start-ups.
– Since inception, the venture capital arm of HSBC -Strategic Innovation Investments (SII) has participated in six co-investments and in two consortium investments.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into HSBC’s Fintech operations.
– Gain insights into its Fintech strategy and investment portfolio.
– Gain insights into various product launches, investments and partnership strategies of HSBC.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Key Facts
a) Product Launches
b) Investment Division
c) Accelerator Programs
d) Industry Engagement
3. Investor-Partner Network Map
4. Innovation Initiatives
5. Key People
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.