India Solar PV Market Analysis by Size, Installed Capacity, Power Generation, Regulations, Key Players and Forecast to 2035
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
India Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Market Report Overview
The cumulative installed capacity for solar PV in India was 66,780.4MW in 2022. It is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 16% during 2022-2035.
India Solar PV Market Outlook, 2022-2035 (MW)
Buy Full Report for More Insights into India’s Solar PV Market Forecast
The India Solar Photovoltaic (PV) market research report offers comprehensive information and understanding of the solar PV market in India. The report discusses the renewable power market in the country and provides forecasts up to 2035. The report highlights installed capacity and power generation trends from 2010 to 2035 in the country’s solar PV market. Detailed coverage of the renewable energy policy framework governing the market is also provided in the report. The report provides company snapshots of some of the major market participants as well.
|Cumulative Installed Capacity (2022)||66,780.4MW|
|Key Deal Types||· Asset Transactions
· Debt Offerings
· Private Equity
· Equity Offerings
· Venture Financing
|Key Active Plants||· Rajasthan Solar Farm – AGESL
· Adani Kamuthi Solar PV Park
· Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Park
· Softbank Bhadla Phase-III Solar PV Park
· Rays Power Experts Rajasthan Solar PV Park
|Key Companies||· Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd
· Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd
· Reliance Power Ltd
· NLC India Ltd
· Adani Green Energy Ltd
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
India Solar PV Market Segmentation by Deal Types
The key deal types in the Indian solar photovoltaic market are asset transactions, debt offerings, acquisitions, partnerships, private equity, equity offerings, and venture financing. Asset transactions had the largest number of deals in the Indian solar PV market in 2022.
India Solar PV Market Analysis by Deal Types, 2022 (%)
Buy Full Report for More Deal Type Insights into India Solar PV Market
India Solar PV Market - Major Active Plants
The major active plants in the India solar photovoltaic market are Rajasthan Solar Farm – AGESL, Adani Kamuthi Solar PV Park, Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Park, Softbank Bhadla Phase-III Solar PV Park, and Rays Power Experts Rajasthan Solar PV Park among others. As of 2023, Rajasthan Solar Farm – AGESL has the highest total capacity.
India Solar PV Market Analysis by Active Plants, 2023 (%)
Buy Full Report for More Active Plant Insights into India Solar PV Market
India Solar PV Market – Competitive Landscape
The key companies in the India solar photovoltaic market are Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd, Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd, Reliance Power Ltd, NLC India Ltd., and Adani Green Energy Ltd.
Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd: It is a subsidiary of Tata Power Company Limited is a provider of renewable energy in India. The company generates and sells power to the local distribution companies. It develops, constructs, and operates wind, solar, and waste gas-based power assets.
India Solar PV Market Analysis by Companies, 2023
Buy Full Report for More Company Insights into India Solar PV Market
Segments Covered in The Report
India Solar PV Market Deal Types Outlook (Cumulative Installed Capacity, MW, 2010-2035)
- Debt Offerings
- Asset Transactions
- Private Equity
- Equity Offerings
- Venture Financing
The report analyses India’s solar photovoltaic (PV) market. The scope of the research includes –
- A brief introduction on global carbon emissions and global primary energy consumption.
- An overview of the country’s renewable power market, highlighting installed capacity trends (2010-2035), generation trends (2010-2035), and installed capacity split by various renewable power sources.
- Detailed overview of the country’s solar PV market with installed capacity and generation trends, and major active and upcoming solar PV projects.
- Deal analysis of the country’s solar PV market.
- Key policies and regulatory framework supporting the development of solar PV.
- Snapshots of some of the major market participants in the country.
Reasons to Buy
- Enhance your decision-making capability in a more rapid and time-sensitive manner.
- Identify key growth and investment opportunities in the country’s solar PV market.
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historical and forecast data for the solar PV market.
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential.
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events.
- Identify key partners and business development avenues.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategy, and prospects.
Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd
Reliance Power Ltd
NLC India Ltd
Adani Green Energy Ltd
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Carbon Dioxide Emissions, Global, 2001–2022
- 1.2 Primary Energy Consumption, Global, 2001–2022
- 1.3 Report Guidance
- 2. Renewable Power Market, India
- 2.1 Renewable Power Market, India, Installed Capacity, 2010-2035
- 2.2 Renewable Power Market, India, Power Generation, 2010-2035
- 3. Solar PV Market, India
- 3.1 Solar PV Market, India, Installed Capacity, 2010-2035
- 3.2 Solar PV Market, India, Power Generation, 2010-2035
- 3.3 Solar PV Market, India, Market Size, 2010-2030
- 3.4 Solar PV Market, India, Power Plants
- 3.5 Solar PV Market, India, Deal Analysis, 2022
- 3.6 Solar PV Module Market, India, 2012-2026
- 4. Renewable Energy Policy Framework, India
- 4.1 Renewable Energy Market, Overview
- 4.2 Policy Snapshot
- 4.3 Renewable Energy Targets
- 4.4 Electricity Act of 2003
- 4.5 Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2022
- 4.6 National Renewable Energy Act, 2015
- 4.7 Cross Border Power Trade Regulation, 2020
- 4.8 Cross Border Electricity Trade, 2021
- 4.9 Scheme for Supply of Round-The-Clock (RTC) Renewable Energy
- 4.10 National Action Plan on Climate Change
- 4.11 Amendments in National Tariff Policy
- 4.12 Renewable Energy Certificates
- 4.13 Memorandum- “Make in India” for Local Content in Renewable Energy Products
- 4.14 Memorandum-Quality of Solar Modules
- 4.15 National Wind-Solar Hybrid Policy
- 4.16 Quality Control Manual for Grid Connected Rooftop Solar PV Systems and Solar PV Water Pumping Systems
- 4.17 Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM)
- 4.18 Green Energy Corridor
- 4.19 Interstate Transmission Network System (ISTS)-Connected Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Projects
- 4.20 Extension on Waiver of Inter-State Transmission Charges
- 4.21 Union Budget Allocation
- 4.22 National Hydrogen Mission
- 4.23 Renewable Energy Auctions
- 4.24 Feed-in-Tariffs
- 4.25 Support for Renewable Energy, India
- 5. Solar PV Power Market, India, Company Profiles
- 5.1 Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd
- 5.2 Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd
- 5.3 Reliance Power Ltd
- 5.4 NLC India Ltd
- 5.5 Adani Green Energy Ltd
- 6. Appendix
- 6.1 Abbreviations
- 6.2 Market Definitions
- 6.3 Methodology
- 7. Contact Us
Frequently asked questions
What was the India solar photovoltaic market cumulative installed capacity in 2022?
The cumulative installed capacity for solar PV in India was 66,780.4MW in 2022.
What is the India solar photovoltaic market growth rate?
The Indian solar photovoltaic market is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 16% during 2022-2035.
Which was the leading deal type in the Indian solar photovoltaic market in 2022?
Asset transactions was the leading deal type in the solar PV market in India, in 2022.
Which is the leading active plant in the Indian solar photovoltaic market?
As of 2023, Rajasthan Solar Farm – AGESL is the leading active plant in the Indian solar photovoltaic market.
Who are the key companies in the Indian solar photovoltaic market?
The key companies in the Indian solar photovoltaic market are Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd., Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd., Reliance Power Ltd., NLC India Ltd., and Adani Green Energy Ltd.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.