Revolut – Competitor Profile
Revolut is a fintech company and digital-only bank that allows users to make domestic and international fund transfers to both Revolut and non-Revolut users. It also allows users to make online and in-store payments, as well as cash withdrawals at ATMs using Visa- and Mastercard-branded Revolut cards. In December 2017, Revolut introduced a new feature allowing users to buy and hold Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Ripple cryptocurrencies within the app. Users can also transfer these digital currencies to other Revolut users. In August 2019, it launched regular stock trading services, allowing customers to buy stocks from stock exchanges including Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange. It also acts as an intermediary to offer various insurance products, including travel insurance and pet insurance.
Revolut allows users to top up their Revolut account in 28 currencies via bank transfers, in 18 currencies using payment cards and Google Pay, and in 14 currencies using Apple Pay. Launched in 2015 in the UK, Revolut is now available in 36 countries. In December 2018, Revolut received a European banking license; in May 2020, the company launched a licensed bank in Lithuania. In February 2022, Revolut secured a credit license from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, allowing it to offer lending products in Australia.
The report provides information and insights into Revolut including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In July 2015, Revolut launched in the UK.
– In February 2017, Revolut introduced Revolut current account, allowing users in the UK to open a current account with a personal IBAN.
– In March 2019, Revolut launched Auto-Exchange feature, enabling users to automatically exchange 24 different fiat currencies and five cryptocurrencies. This feature automatically exchanges the money from one currency into another based on a target exchange rate the customer sets.
– In March 2020, Revolt launched in the US.
– In April 2022, Revolut partnered with US-based Cross River Bank to offer credit solutions (including personal loans) to Revolut users in the US.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Revolut's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.