Samsung Pay – Competitor Profile
Samsung Pay is a mobile payment solution launched by Samsung in August 2015. Samsung Pay is available for a range of Samsung products, including its Galaxy devices and Gear wearable technology.
It was the first mobile payment offering to support NFC, magnetic secure transmission, and barcode scanning in a single solution. It works with all major card schemes, including American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. It is supported by more than 2,800 international and regional banks and credit unions in the US, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Capital One, PNC, and TD Bank. Users can store details of multiple debit, credit, and prepaid cards within Samsung Pay. In addition to in-store payments, the solution supports online and in-app payments, as well as cash withdrawals at ATMs.
In December 2017, Samsung introduced a fund transfer service in South Korea that enables customers of Woori Bank, IBK Industrial Bank, Shinhan Bank, and Hana Bank to transfer funds from one account to another using Samsung Pay. In May 2020, Samsung introduced the Samsung Money card in the US, in collaboration with Mastercard and US-based financial services provider SoFi. In August 2020, Samsung introduced the Samsung Pay+ card in the UK, in partnership with Mastercard and digital banking platform Curve. Similarly, it launched the Samsung Pay Card, a credit card in the South Korean market, in partnership with Samsung Card and Mastercard.
Samsung Pay continues to focus on expanding its merchant acceptance network. In December 2021, it partnered with Viva Wallet, a payment services provider, to enable Viva Wallet partners merchants to accept in-store and online payments via Samsung Pay.
The report provides information and insights into Samsung Pay including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– The company's important events and milestones
– In 2015, Samsung Pay was launched in South Korea.
– In January 2019, Samsung Pay launched overseas remittance service in South Korea in partnership with money transfer companies Sentbe and Hanpass, enabling users to transfer funds to 17 countries.
– In May 2019, Samsung Pay launched the Samsung Pay Touch app for small businesses in Canada. The app transforms compatible Galaxy smartphones into POS terminals, enabling merchants to accept contactless payments.
– In October 2021, Samsung Pay integrated scan QR feature with camera and quick panel, allowing Samsung Pay users in India to scan QR codes by using the mobile camera or by choosing the scan QR option on the quick panel on their Samsung Pay device, without the need to open the app.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insights into Samsung Pay's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions Globally
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions in South Korea
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.