Singapore’s affluent segment (including HNWs and mass affluents) has grown steadily in recent years. Collectively, HNW and mass affluent individuals accounted for nearly a third of the total population in 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic impacted performance in 2020. HNW investors, with significant allocations to high-risk assets such as equities were hit hard during the crisis as stock markets across the world crashed amid widespread economic turmoil.
The Singapore wealth management market report analyzes the country’s wealth and retail savings and investments markets. This includes overall affluent market size (both by number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets). The report also provides analysis of the factors driving liquid asset growth, including a breakdown and forecast of total retail savings and investments split by equities, mutual funds, deposits, and bonds.
Which are the key asset bands in the Singapore wealth management market?
The key asset bands in the Singapore wealth management market are mass market, emerging affluent, mass affluent, and HNW. The mass market, which represents the largest proportion of individuals in the city-state kept the lion’s share of their wealth in safe-haven assets, thus helping them weather the storm.
Singapore wealth management market, by asset bands
For more asset bands, download a free sample
What are the key HNW asset allocation classes in the Singapore wealth management market?
The key HNW asset allocation classes in the Singapore wealth management market are equities, cash and near cash, property, commodities, and alternatives. HNW investors in Singapore allocate a notable proportion of onshore wealth to equities. Such large exposure to equities is mainly because of the developed and sophisticated equity market of Singapore and the strong performance of the STI in 2021 compared to the wider region.
Singapore wealth management market, by asset allocation classes
For more asset allocation classes, download a free sample
|Key asset bands||Mass Affluent, Emerging Affluent, Mass Affluent, and HNW|
|Key asset allocation classes||Equities, Cash and Near Cash, Property, Commodities, And Alternatives|
- Advisory and discretionary mandates dominate the Singaporean HNW wealth market.
- Deposits remain the most popular investment avenue for Singaporeans, indicating their preference for safe-haven investment asset classes.
- Bonds accounted for a small proportion of retail investment portfolios in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Singapore’s wealth industry.
- Identify the most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals.
- Receive detailed insights into retail liquid asset holdings in Singapore.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the wealth space.
- See an overview of key digital disruptors in the city-state’s wealth market.
Monetary Authority of Singapore
UOB Asset Management
Bank of Singapore
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Singapore Wealth Market
Resident Savings and Investments
Frequently Asked Questions
The key asset bands in the Singaporean wealth management market are mass affluent, emerging affluent, mass affluent, and HNW.
The key HNW asset allocation classes in the Singaporean wealth management market are equities, cash and near cash, property, commodities, and alternatives.
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Personal and transaction information are kept safe from unauthorised use.