United Arab Emirates (UAE) Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2023-2028
UAE Defense Market Report Overview
The UAE defense market budget is worth $23.2 billion in 2023 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 3% during 2024-2028. The UAE defense market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
UAE Defense Market Outlook 2023 – 2028 ($ Billion)
To gain more information about the UAE defense market forecast, download a free report sample
UAE Defense Market Dynamics
The UAE’s emphasis on maintaining a strong independent defense posture is reflected in its defense modernization initiatives undertaken over the last decade. The country’s defense modernization efforts are mainly centered around C4ISR, anti-ballistic missile systems, fighter aircraft, and armored vehicles, among others. Some of the major procurement programs include Rafael fighter, Gowind-class, and JAIS 6×6.
However, the UAE’s defense market is dominated by the US-based suppliers, which command a market share of over 64%. Therefore, suppliers willing to enter the Emirati market can expect tough competition from US-based suppliers. Furthermore, companies can typically encounter problems with licenses for knowledge transfer, IP rights ownership, the value of proposed offset projects, and the Emiratization of defense companies.
For more insights on UAE defense market dynamics, download a free sample report
UAE Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
Although the UAE perceives Iran to be its primary strategic regional threat, it has adopted a policy of strategic hedging against Iran. The country has maintained a transactional relationship with Iran, which encompasses diplomatic and commercial ties, all the while forging and strengthening its security alliances with the US and neighboring Saudi Arabia. The key rationale behind this policy has been to avert an all-out confrontation with Iran.
The UAE’s policy of strategic hedging toward Iran mainly comprises of Hard balancing, Soft balancing, and Engagement. The new Emirati strategy favors a proactive defense posture and is credited to Mohamed bin Zayed, the deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces. In a speech in 2016, Prince Zayed unveiled the Emirati grand strategy
UAE Defense Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the UAE defense market are military fixed-wing aircraft, missiles and missile defense systems, military rotorcraft, and naval vessels and surface combatants among others. Between 2023 and 2028, the military fixed-wing aircraft is expected to be the leading sector in the UAE defense market, followed by missiles and missile defense systems.
UAE Defense Market Analysis by Sectors
For more sector insights into the UAE defense market, download a free report sample
UAE Defense Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading defense companies in UAE are ADCOM Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB), Abu Dhabi Systems Integration (ADSI), Caracal International, NIMR Automotive, AMMROC, Al Tariq, EARTH, Al Jasoor, ADASI, Saab, BAE Systems, Thales, Boeing, Emiraje Systems, and RascomStar among others.
UAE Defense Market Report Overview
|Market Size (2023)||$23.2 billion|
|Key Sectors||Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft, Missiles and Missile Defense Systems, Military Rotorcraft, and Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants|
|Leading Companies||ADCOM Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB), Abu Dhabi Systems Integration (ADSI), Caracal International, NIMR Automotive, AMMROC, Al Tariq, EARTH, Al Jasoor, ADASI, Saab, BAE Systems, Thales, Boeing, Emiraje Systems, and RascomStar|
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- UAE defense budget: detailed analysis of the UAE 2023 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and the process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the UAE military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of UAE military procurement regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to UAE are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of UAE’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the UAE defense market over the next five years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the UAE market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major threats that are driving the UAE defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the UAE government.
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Defense Budget Assessment
- 2.1 Budgeting Process
- 2.2 Defense Market Size Historic and Forecast
- 2.3 Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- 2.4 Analysis of Defense Expenditure Allocation
- 2.5 Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- 2.6 Key Market Trends and Insights
- 3. Military Doctrine and Security Environment
- 3.1 Military Doctrine and Strategy
- 3.2 Strategic Alliances and Geopolitics
- 3.3 Political, Social and Economic Scenario
- 4. Market Entry Strategy and Regulations
- 4.1 Defense Procurement Bodies
- 4.2 Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
- 4.3 Market Entry Routes
- 4.4 Key Challenges
- 4.5 Major Deals and M&A
- 5. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities
- 5.1 Market Attractiveness, 2023–28
- 5.2 Top Defense Segments by Value
- 6. Defense Platform Acquisitions
- 6.1 Defense Platform Acquisitions by Value
- 6.2 Rafale F4
- 6.3 Gowind-class
- 6.4 C-2
- 6.5 Jais 6×6
- 6.6 Falaj 3-class
- 7. Fleet Size
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Defense Companies Operating in Iraq
- 8.2 Main Defense Companies
- 9. Appendix
- 9.1 About This Report
- 9.2 About Us
- 9.3 Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
The defense market size in UAE is valued at $23.2 billion in 2023.
The defense market in the UAE is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 3% during 2024-2028.
The key sectors in the UAE defense market are military fixed-wing aircraft, missiles and missile defense systems, military rotorcraft, and naval vessels and surface combatants.
Some of the leading companies in the UAE defense market are ADCOM Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB), Abu Dhabi Systems Integration (ADSI), Caracal International, NIMR Automotive, AMMROC, Al Tariq, EARTH, Al Jasoor, ADASI, Saab, BAE Systems, Thales, Boeing, Emiraje Systems, and RascomStar.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.