GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – United Kingdom (2021) report provides a thorough insight into the United Kingdom’s intra-regional and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of British tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the British outbound travel market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Spain is set to continue to attract the most international arrivals from the UK as demand recovers and is expected to exceed pre-COVID highs welcoming 18.5 million British travelers by 2025.
– 11% of British respondents opt for a flexitarian diet, higher than the global average (8%), and destinations must meet this demand to meet British traveler’s preferences.
– In 2020, 85.5% of international trips undertaken by the British were by air travel, the most popular mode of transport. With an abundance of low-cost connectivity to Europe and with 81.5% of international trips in 2020 to the continent, it is unsurprising to see air travel as the most popular
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the British outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in the United Kindom’s domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of British tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
– This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on British outbound and domestic tourism
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Country Snapshot: 2020
The British tourism market in 2020: at a glance
British Tourist Profile
What types of holidays do British travelers take?
Insight into British travelers
How has COIVD-19 affected British travelers’ appetite for travel?
UK’s Green List / Traffic Light System
How has COVID-19 impacted British travelers’ short term travel plans?
Domestic Flows – COVID-19 Impact
Domestic Flows – Air Route Expansion
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did British tourists travel to in 2020?
How has COVID-19 impacted British travelers’ short term travel destination plans?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets
Opportunities to attract British Tourists