Asia-Pacific Health and Beauty Market Opportunities, Trends, Growth Analysis and Forecast to 2027
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Report Overview
The APAC health and beauty market size was valued at $187.8 billion in 2022. The market is anticipated to record a CAGR of more than 4% during 2022-2027. In the Asia-Pacific health & beauty industry, skincare was the largest sector in 2022. In 2022, APAC was the largest region in the global health & beauty industry in terms of both value and volume.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Outlook ($ Billion)
For more insights on the APAC health and beauty market forecasts, download a free sample report
The APAC health and beauty market research report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the APAC health & beauty industry, analyzing data from 21 countries in the region. It includes an analysis of the market environment, high-potential countries, success stories, and competitive environment. The report also covers the challenges and outlook about the APAC health & beauty industry.
|Market Size (2022)||$187.8 billion|
|Key Categories||Skincare, Haircare, Feminine Hygiene, Personal Hygiene, Oral Hygiene, Suncare, Make-up, Fragrances, and Male Toiletries|
|High-Potential Countries||China, Indonesia, Vietnam, and India|
|Key Distribution Channels Segments||Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, E-retailers, Convenience Stores, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, and Others|
|Key Packaging Materials||Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Metal, Glass, and Others|
|Leading Players||Procter & Gamble, L’Oréal, Unilever, Shiseido Company, Kao Corporation, and Others|
APAC Health and Beauty Market Segmentation by Category
The key categories in the APAC health and beauty market are skincare, haircare, feminine hygiene, personal hygiene, oral hygiene, suncare, make-up, fragrances, and male toiletries. In 2022, the skincare segment dominated the APAC health and beauty market, followed by haircare. In value and volume terms, male toiletries is forecast to record the fastest growth rate.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Analysis by Category, 2022 (%)
For more insights on the categories in the APAC health and beauty market, download a free sample report
APAC Health and Beauty Market Segmentation by Distribution Channel
The key distribution channel segments in the APAC health and beauty market are hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, convenience stores, health & beauty stores, department stores, and others. In 2022, e-retailers emerged as the highest revenue-generating distribution channel segment in the APAC health and beauty market. Online sales were strong owing to a surge in online shopping caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, a trend that is continuing.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Analysis by Distribution Channel, 2022 (%)
For more insights on the distribution channel segments in the APAC health and beauty market, download a free sample report
APAC Health and Beauty Market Segmentation by Packaging Material
The key packaging materials used in the APAC health and beauty market are rigid plastics, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid metal, glass, and others. Flexible packaging was the most used pack material in 2022, in the Asia-Pacific health & beauty industry, followed by rigid plastics.
Tube was the most used pack type in 2022, followed by bag/sachet and bottle pack types in the Asia-Pacific health & beauty industry.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Analysis by Packaging Material, 2022 (%)
For more insights on the packaging material used in the APAC health and beauty market, download a free sample report
APAC Health and Beauty Market Segmentation by High Potential Countries
The key high-potential countries identified in the APAC health and beauty market are China, Indonesia, Vietnam, and India. In 2022, China was the largest health & beauty market in both value and volume terms.
APAC Heath and Beauty Market Analysis by High-Potential Countries, 2022 (%)
For more insights on the high-potential countries in the APAC health and beauty market, download a free sample report
APAC Health and Beauty Market – Competitive Landscape
The leading players in the APAC health and beauty market are Procter & Gamble, L’Oréal, Unilever, Shiseido Company, and Kao Corporation among others. In 2022, Procter & Gamble dominated the APAC health and beauty market share.
APAC Health and Beauty Market Analysis by Leading Players, 2022 (%)
For more insights on the leading players in the APAC health and beauty market, download a free sample report
This report provides an overview of current health & beauty industry scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, distribution, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview highlighting industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the regions.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek the latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also a demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities for growth within the sector in the region
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape, and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country-specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, which can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Part 1: Market Environment
- 2.1. Market Size Analysis – Asia-Pacific Compared with Other Regions
- 2.2. Value and Volume Growth Analysis by Region
- 2.3. Asia-Pacific Market Growth Analysis by Country
- 2.4. Asia-Pacific Market Growth Analysis by Sector
- 3. Part 2: High-Potential Countries’ Analysis
- 3.1. Methodology – Identifying High-Potential Countries
- 3.2. Top Four High-Potential Countries in Asia-Pacific
- 3.3. Overview of High-Potential Countries in Asia-Pacific
- 3.4. Growth Contribution Analysis by Country (1/5)
- 3.5. Growth Contribution Analysis by Country (2/5)
- 3.6. Growth Contribution Analysis by Country (3/5)
- 3.7. Growth Contribution Analysis by Country (4/5)
- 3.8. Growth Contribution Analysis by Country (5/5)
- 3.9. Value Share Analysis of Health & Beauty Sectors
- 3.10. Change in Value Consumption Levels by Country and Sector
- 3.11. Per Capita Consumption Analysis
- 3.12. Per Capita Expenditure Analysis
- 4. Part 3: Country Deep Dive
- 4.1. Overview of the Vietnamese Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.2. Key Trends in the Vietnamese Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.3. Overview of the Indonesian Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.4. Indonesia: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities
- 4.5. Indonesia: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities by Sector
- 4.6. Key Trends in the Indonesian Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.7. Overview of the Chinese Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.8. China: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities
- 4.9. China: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities by Sector
- 4.10. Key Trends in the Chinese Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.11. Overview of the Indian Health & Beauty Industry
- 4.12. India: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities
- 4.13. India: Market Size Analysis of Top 10 Cities by Sector
- 4.14. Key Trends in the Indian Health & Beauty Industry
- 5. Part 4: Success Stories
- 5.1. About Success Stories
- 5.2. Case Study: Farm Stay – Daily Lip Sleeping Mask Red Propolis
- 5.3. Case Study: Ayswe Hydrate & Glow Face Oil
- 5.4. Case Study: Founder’s Formula Post-Workout Australian Clay Detox Mask
- 6. Part 5: Competitive Environment
- 6.1. Leading Companies’ Shares in the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 6.2. Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies
- 6.3. Leading Companies in the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 6.4. Leading Brands in the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 6.5. Private Label Penetration in the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 7. Part 6: Distribution Analysis
- 7.1. Leading Distribution Channels by Country
- 7.2. Leading Distribution Channels by Sector
- 8. Part 7: Packaging Analysis
- 8.1. Growth Analysis – by Key Pack Material and Pack Type
- 8.2. Growth Analysis – by Closure Type and Primary Outer Type
- 9. Part 8: Challenges and Outlook
- 9.1. Key Challenges in the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 9.2. Outlook for the Asia-Pacific Health & Beauty Industry
- 10. Part 9: Select Industry Metrics
- 10.1. Asia-Pacific Patent Filings
- 10.2. Global Patent Filings
- 10.3. Asia-Pacific Job Analytics by Company
- 10.4. Asia-Pacific Job Analytics by Theme
- 11. Appendix
- 12. Definitions
- 13. About GlobalData
Frequently asked questions
What was the APAC health and beauty market size in 2022?
The APAC health and beauty market size was valued at $187.8 billion in 2022.
What will be the APAC health and beauty market CAGR during 2022-2027?
The APAC health and beauty market will grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2022-2027.
Which was the leading category in the APAC health and beauty market in 2022?
The leading category in the APAC health and beauty market was skincare in 2022.
Which distribution channel dominated the APAC health and beauty market?
In 2022, e-retailers emerged as the highest revenue-generating distribution channel segment in the APAC health and beauty market.
Who are the leading APAC health and beauty market players?
Procter & Gamble, L’Oréal, Unilever, Shiseido Company, and Kao Corporation are some of the leading players in the APAC health and beauty market.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.