Consumer and Market Insights: Dairy & Soyfood in Spain
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Economic recovery in Spain will positively influence consumer spending and consequently drive the demand for Consumer Packaged Goods. Despite a decline in the Dairy market from 2010-2015, it is forecast to register a CAGR of 2.8% during 2015-2020, to reach US$15,864.9 million by 2020. The demands of Spain's again population, as well a desire for indulgence and products meeting their specific needs are motivating consumption in the category.
• The need for products meeting age-aligned needs is the primary motivator of Dairy consumption in Spain
• Milk is the most consumed Dairy & Soy category in Spain
• Overall penetration of private label in Spain’s Dairy & Soy food market stood at 20.8% in value terms in 2015
• The desire to indulge is especially important in the Cheese category
Reasons to Buy
Find out what types of products consumers are purchasing, why they are consuming them, and what they will be looking for in the next few years. Product examples and key recommendations will help you derive key strategies in areas such as formulation, packaging and key consumer targets
Our unique consumer data has been developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, giving you an exclusive insight into Spain’s Dairy and Soy market
Quantify the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Dairy & Soy sector for a deeper understanding of what is driving the market and how to alter product offerings accordingly
Analyze category, brand, and packaging dynamics, and how to compete with market leaders to provide a competitive edge to product launches
Burgo De Arias
Central Lechera Asturiana
Dhul- Flan De Vainilla
Flor de Esquwva
Flor de Burgos
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators – GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Retail and foodservice analysis – Key Takeaways
Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
• Value and volume analysis for the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Degree of trade up/down in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market (Off-trade and On-trade)
• Volume analysis by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share (Off-trade / On-trade) in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization – at category level
• Inter-country comparison of Average Price per Kg by category
• Top variants and pack size distribution analysis
• Retailer Price Dynamics (includes % difference from average price)
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the Spanish Food market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
• Penetration of private label by category in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
• Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
• Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
• Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Demographic Cohort Consumption Patterns
• Overall consumption occasions by age and gender in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Private Label consumption occasions by age and gender in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Under/Over-consumption levels in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market by gender and age
• Consumption frequency by type of consumer in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market by gender and age
• Private label consumption by age and gender and comparison to overall consumption levels in in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
Consumer trend analysis
• Canadean’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
• For key trends in Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market:
• How the trend is influencing consumption in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• How to target the trend in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• How the trend will evolve in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
• What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Dairy & Soy Food market in the future
Examples of New Product Development
• New products launched in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• New products launched in global Dairy & Soy Food market
Actions and Recommendations
• How to successfully target key trends in the Spanish Dairy & Soy Food market
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Consumer Demographics data
• Sector Overview
• Health & Wellness data
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• Health & Wellness definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• Market Data Methodology.
• Consumer Data Methodology
• About Canadean
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.