‘Digital Health – Telco B2B and B2C Strategies and Approaches to Monetization’ is a new Global Outlook Report by GlobalData that provides an executive-level overview of the global digital health market. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the digital health industry, digital health value chain, and ecosystem dynamics. It also analyzes key trends in the digital health industry and provides insights into telco digital health B2B and B2C activity, positioning and value propositions.
Healthcare providers have been digitizing their operations and turning to digital health solutions to provide better quality care, increase healthcare access and enhance operational efficiency. The integration of advanced technologies such as IoT, cloud, and data center services, 5G, data analytics, and AI/ML have paved the way for a litany of digital health B2B and B2C use cases. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the uptake of digital health solutions as the world copes with the influx of patients and lockdown measures. The demand for digital health solutions is expected to remain post-pandemic.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Digital health taxonomy & market context: an overview of the global digital health market, including a definition, key drivers & inhibitors, and latest trends. A deep dive into three selected trends – i.e., COVID-19 impact on digital health, national health strategies, and digital health regulations – is also provided with the positioning considerations these present for telcos.
– The digital health ecosystem & how telcos can position themselves: an overview of the digital health value chain and ecosystem players map, including telcos. This section also explores key digital health supporting technologies, and deep dives into the telemedecine latest trends. Moroever, the section details 27 examples of telcos’ current involvement in digital health B2B and B2C solutions.
– Case studies: this section analyzes the digital health portfolios, value propositions and positioning strategies of four telecom operators.
– Key findings and recommendations: the report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for digital health stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
– The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the adoption of digital health solutions and offered further opportunities for telcos to enter the space.
– National digital health strategies are supporting eHealth adoption and providing opportunities for telcos to further position as digital transformation partners to governments and healthcare providers.
– Telcos have pursued partnerships, joint ventures, and M&As to enter the digital health space.
– Telcos can partner with third-party telemedecine app providers and insurers to offer teleconsultation and health tracking apps to their residential and enterprise customers.
– Telcos can offer their horizontal ICT solutions and customise them for the healthcare sector while complying with local and global healthcare regulations. Telcos can also develop vertical-specific digital health portfolios.
Reasons to Buy
– This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination of the digital health value chain and business models. It helps executives fully understand the ecosystem, market dynamics, latest developments, and value chain. It helps telecom decision-makers determine key digital health positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize return on investments.
– Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around different telco digital health value propositions across the world, including services, monetization approaches and partnerships. This will help telecom executives craft adapted digital health strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
– The report discusses concrete opportunities in the digital health market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for digital health ecosystem participants, including telecom service providers.
3 Hong Kong
Babylon by TELUS Health
Bonn Community Hospital
drd doctors online
Germany Federal Ministry of Health
Health Level Seven International
Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise International
International Telecommunications Union
Johnson & Johnson
King's College London
Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health
Tata Consulting Services
Thailand Ministry of Public Health
Thailand National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission
Thailand Public Health Ministry
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS
Tuberculosis and Malaria
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust
US Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
US Food and Drug Administration
World Health Organization
Yongin Severance Hospital
Yonsei University Health System
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context
Defining Digital Health
Healthcare Sector Trends
Digital Health Drivers & Inhibitors – Summary Overview
Digital Health Drivers & Inhibitors – Focus on COVID 19
Digital Health Drivers & Inhibitors – Focus on National Digital Health Initiatives
Digital Health Drivers & Inhibitors – Focus on Regulations
Section 2: The Digital Health Ecosystem & How Telcos Can Position Themselves
Digital Health Value Chain
Digital Health Ecosystem Players
Digital Health Supporting Technologies
Digital Health Use Cases & Telcos’ Positioning Options in the Digital Health Space
Digital Health Use Cases – Focus on Telemedicine
Telcos’ Current Activity in the Digital Health Space
Section 3: Case Studies
Orange Business Services
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
EXHIBIT 1: DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES IN HEALTHCARE
EXHIBIT 2: HEALTHCARE SECTOR’S TRANSFORMATIONAL TRENDS
EXHIBIT 3: SELECTED NATIONAL DIGITAL HEALTH INITIATIVES
EXHIBIT 4: DIGITAL HEALTH SAMPLE VALUE CHAIN
EXHIBIT 5: SAMPLE DIGITAL HEALTH ECOSYSTEM PLAYERS
EXHIBIT 6: SELECTED TELCO ACTIVITY IN DIGITAL HEALTH
EXHIBIT 7: DEUTSCHE TELEKOM HEALTHCARE PORTFOLIO
EXHIBIT 8: DT iMEDONE and iMEDONE MOBILE
EXHIBIT 9: STC COVID-19 INITIATIVES
EXHIBIT 10: STC VIRTUAL CLINIC
EXHIBIT 11: ORANGES ENOVACOM CHALON SUR-SAÔNE HOSPITAL CASE STUDY
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.