FMCG Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2017
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
GlobalData’s "FMCG Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2017" report examines executives’ opinion on business outlook and procurement activities over Jun 2017-Nov 2017. It also highlights key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations’ perspective on e-procurement. In addition, this report presents the future projection of merger and acquisition activities within the FMCG industry over the next six months.
The increasing trend of health and wellness, and rising demand for convenient food products drives the growth prospects of the FMCG industry over the next six months, due to which new product development, expansion in the current markets, and improvements operational efficiency are expected to become major priorities in H1 2017 (Jun 2017-Nov 2017). FMCG executives are confident about emerging markets such as China and India, and developed markets, namely the US and the UK, contributing significant growth towards the FMCG industry during the next six months. Although the highest percentage of global FMCG executives projects an increase in merger and acquisition activity over the next six months, they intend to increase capital expenditure on new product development, and machinery and equipment purchases. Procurement activities will increase on IT services and capital equipment purchases amid the expectation of a surge in supplier prices over the next six months.
What else does this report offer?
– Key business priorities: examines FMCG organizations’ important priorities for Jun 2017-Nov 2017
– Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets, which will offer the most growth over H1 2017
– Change in M&A activity: analyzes FMCG industry executives’ opinion on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
– Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
– Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
– Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the FMCG industry over the next six months
– Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement objectives over Jun 2017-Nov 2017
– Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over Jun 2017-Nov 2017
– E-procurement: identifies executives’ perspective towards e-procurement implementation and deployment within the global FMCG industry
– Expansion in current markets and new product development are major priorities for FMCG organizations during the next six months (Jun 2017-Nov 2017)
– The US and the UK are highlighted as prominent growth offering developed markets
– Capital expenditure on new product development, and machinery and equipment purchases are projected to increase during the next months
– Survey respondents expect an increase in procurement activities on IT services and capital equipment purchases in the coming six months
– The majority of industry executives foresees an increase in supplier prices, while 23% anticipate no change
Reasons to Buy
– FMCG companies can realign business strategies by knowing the business priorities indicated in the report
– Organizations can develop or adjust business expansion plans by knowing the significant growth offering emerging and developed markets highlighted in the report
– Helps organizations to adjust their procurement budget by providing information about procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for Jun 2017-Nov 2017
– Organizations can implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for H1 2017.
ABP Food Group
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Methodology and sample size
Global Business Outlook in June 2017-November 2017
Strategic business priorities
Emerging markets with significant growth potential
Growth potential for developed markets
Mergers and acquisition
Leading business concerns
Capital expenditure projections
Procurement Behaviors and Strategies
Potential changes in procurement resources and objectives
Procurement activity outlook in key areas
Global procurement budget projections
Planned change in procurement expenditure
Supplier prices outlook
Organizations’ viewpoints on E-procurement
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.