Goldman Sachs is a bank and financial holding company which offers a range of investment banking, commercial banking, securities, and investment management services. Investment banking business comprises financial advisory and equity and debt underwriting. The company conducts market-making activities in fixed income, equity, currency, and commodity products. It also makes markets in and clears transactions on stocks, options, and futures exchanges. Goldman Sachs invests in equity and debt securities and provides loans and mortgages to corporates and individuals. The company offers investment management services across all major asset classes and offers banking solutions and wealth advice to retail customers, high-net-worth (HNW) individuals, and wealthy families. It has an operational presence in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
Launched in 2018, GS Accelerate is an in-house incubator program that allows Goldman Sachs employees to pitch innovative ideas to develop solutions for clients and mitigate inefficiencies in the group’s operations. Internal teams can submit their ideas through an online application.
In July 2021, Goldman Sachs Group announced the opening of its office in Hyderabad, India. This unit forms part of the company’s commitment to expand its global center for engineering and business innovation in India, and offers engineering, finance, human capital management and support for consumer banking.
In October 2020, the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division (MBD) partnered with co-founders of a top data center management team to launch Global Compute Infrastructure LP, a global data center infrastructure company.
This report provides insight into Goldman Sachs’ fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, and its estimated ICT budget.
– Goldman Sachs continues to make investments in technology, to effectively offer consumer financial products and services and enhance operational capabilities. It is tapping the power of emerging technologies through partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. Some of its focus technologies include artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, analytics, cloud computing, cybersecurity, payments, and robotics.
– Goldman Sachs engineers have been working to externalize its financial services in the form of a Financial Cloud, a cloud technology platform that provides Goldman Sachs banking, trading, and risk capabilities as infrastructure. Additionally, the company also partnered with Amazon and Walmart to offer small business loans to sellers on their marketplace platforms.
– Goldman Sachs is utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate certain repetitive tasks. Its Strats team, which comprises data scientists and financial engineers, is to digitize bankers’ workflow with tools that improve productivity and utilize technology to engage customers in a data-driven manner.
– Goldman Sachs is embracing a virtual desktop ecosystem to provide remote accessibility, while running virtual server infrastructure that helps reduce physical server space. Goldman Sachs has an internal private cloud, running on multi-tenant computing from its business applications, which helps to reduce time to launch or update applications.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain insight into Goldman Sachs’ fintech operations.
– Discover its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Learn about its product launches, partnerships, and investments.
Secure Code Warrior
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Accelerators, Incubators, and Other Innovation Programs
Venture Arm: Goldman Sachs Principal Strategic Investments
Partnership, Investment, and Acquisition Network Map
ICT Budget and Contracts