Healthcare Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2018
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
GlobalData’s "Healthcare Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2018", examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H1 2018. It also highlights current economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth prospects, spending models, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
The existing economic climate is stable for the healthcare industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2018 (April 2018-September 2018). The majority of executives who operate in Asia-Pacific and North America indicate a favorable opinion about economic growth prospects over the next six months respectively. Increasing demand for advanced medical devices, improved spending in healthcare research and new product development, strengthening of developing economies, complementary tax policies and rising competition in the global biotech sector and healthcare services market are the factors influencing the healthcare industry during H1 2018. Globally, 72% and 68% of executives are optimistic about the company and industry growth prospects respectively. Furthermore, respondents anticipate a rise of 3.7% in the price of medical equipment over the next six months. Additionally, the rising new competition and changes in country of operation are the leading challenges for companies with business operations in North America and Europe during H1 2018 respectively.
What else does this report offer?
– The current state of the global economy: examines predominating economic conditions globally and across multiple regions
– Company and industry growth outlook: provides executives’ expectations about the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
– Change in customer confidence: analyzes healthcare industry executives’ opinion about the shift in customer confidence during H1 2018
– Supplier prices projection: determines the expected variation in supplier prices across different categories and their impact on business confidence
– Change in staff headcount and sales performance: anticipates and tracks the shift in staff headcount and sales for H1 2018 among industry executives globally as well as regionally
– Significant investment activities: highlights different areas in which industry executives intend to spend and invest over the next six months
– Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2018
– Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions.
– Overall, 46% of survey respondents state that the current economic condition is stable, whereas 42% of executives express a favorable opinion about the existing economic environment
– Respondents with business operations in Asia-Pacific and North America record the highest positive outlook towards industry growth over the next six months
– In total, 53% of global healthcare executives anticipate a positive or very positive change in consumer confidence, whereas 36% of executives expect no change in customer confidence during H1 2018
– Capital expenditure on new product development and research and analysis is forecast to significantly increase during the next six months
– The highest percentage of executives with operations in Europe and North America highlight protecting and growing market share as the top priority during H1 2018.
Reasons to Buy
– Assists companies to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing market conditions and sentiment within the IT industry
– Supports organizations in business expansion decisions by providing information concerning the projected variation in sales performance and supplier prices
– Helps to improve operational efficiency and to protect and grow market share by comprehending the essential priorities and major concerns within the healthcare industry
– Serves to adjust investment allocation by outlining key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2018.
Novartis International AG
Merck & Co.
Roche Holding AG
Flatiron Health Inc.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Definitions and abbreviations
Methodology and sample size
Economic state, growth prospects, and consumer confidence
Existing economic environment
Industry and company growth outlook
Expected change in consumer confidence
Supplier prices, staff headcount, and sales performance
Supplier prices expectations
Anticipated change in staff head count and sales projections
Anticipated change in spend on key activities
Business concerns and organizational priorities
Level of concerns and expected impact
Significance of potential business priorities
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.