Life Insurance Sector Scorecard – Thematic Intelligence
Viewing the world’s data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions. Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories and those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders that invade a sector.
The life insurance industry is evolving as key technology and macroeconomic trends are having a significant impact on the industry. An increase in the availability of consumer data has led to a rise in personalized products. Technologies such as AI and big data analytics are central to harnessing that rise to create the best possible outcomes. Technological developments are enabling the industry to become increasingly efficient in its operations and develop new products across life and non-life insurance markets. With customers demanding a more agile and personalized insurance experience, providers must be at the forefront of adoption, or they will be faced with the prospect of a shrinking customer base.
To help our clients gain a competitive advantage, GlobalData has developed a unique thematic research ecosystem. This is a single, integrated, global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. The life insurance sector scorecard thematic intelligence report provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for key players in the life insurance sector over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
Life Insurance Theme Map
Some of the biggest themes that are impacting the life insurance sector are ESG, COVID-19, and personalization. The figure below depicts our theme map for the life insurance industry. This map highlights the current themes that are driving share prices and reflects an up-to-date view of the major issues that keep senior industry executives and investors awake at night.
ESG: ESG is a key issue for an insurer’s public relations, profitability, and staff retention. Insurance is a leading industry and must be seen as a leader in key issues within ESG, such as sustainability and climate change. Consumers and businesses are concerned with the ESG records of companies they purchase from or partner with, so it is essential to be proactive within this theme.
COVID-19: COVID-19 has been the defining issue for the industry over the past few years. Most countries have returned to a form of normality, and while behaviors formed during the pandemic live on, it is no longer a defining factor across insurance products. Increased awareness of health following the pandemic will help life insurers and increase penetration of a range of products, with consumers more aware of the potential impact unknown illnesses can cause.
Personalization: Personalization is a key theme, as businesses and consumers want policies to be as efficient as possible. Within life and health, personalization concerns a wide range of health metrics as well as exercise and nutrition data. This allows insurers and customers to see improvements, while also offering advice or tailored exercise and eating plans.
To unlock the biggest themes driving growth in the life insurance industry, download a free report sample
Life Insurance Sector Scorecard
At GlobalData, we use a scorecard approach to predict tomorrow’s leading companies within each sector. Our sector scorecards have three screens: a thematic screen, a valuation screen, and a risk screen. The life insurance sector scorecard has three screens:
- The thematic screen ranks companies based on overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future performance.
- The valuation screen ranks our universe of companies within a sector based on selected valuation metrics.
- The risk screen ranks companies within a particular sector based on overall investment risk.
Life Insurance Sector Scorecard – Thematic Screen
To know more about the sector scorecard, download a free report sample
Life Insurance Scorecards Methodology
Our scores have been developed using data from several databases in GlobalData thematic research ecosystem. This is a dynamic score, and it will continue to be monitored and updated quarterly.
- Viewing the world’s data by themes: GlobalData’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- Traditional research: Companies are impacted by multiple themes that frequently conflict with one another. The difficulty in picking tomorrow’s winners and losers in any industry arises from the sheer number of technology cycles – and other themes – that are in full swing right now.
- Thematic engine: This identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
Life Insurance Sector Scorecard Report Overview
|Top Themes||ESG, COVID-19, and Personalization|
- COVID-19 has been the leading theme in the insurance industry since the start of the pandemic in 2020. It had a huge impact on the life and health market and altered consumer behavior. Consumers are now more aware of their health and the need for private insurance. The importance of mental health also rose amid the pandemic, lockdowns, and new working environments.
- ESG is a major theme across all industries and one in which top players should look to establish themselves. The various factors within the theme will be essential in creating a company culture that staff wants to be a part of other businesses want to work with, and consumers want to buy from.
- Personalization is another leading theme in which prospective market leaders will need to excel. This is essential to life and health products, as it can be a way to attract customers. Fitness, well-being, and health are key trends and insurers can play an active role in helping customers improve in these areas.
Reasons to Buy
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Discover market leaders and laggards across 10 essential themes to life insurance.
- Discover what the 10 key themes are and understand why we believe them to be so crucial.
Insurance Australia Group
Table of Contents
• Theme map
Sector Scorecard: Life Insurance
• Who’s who
• Thematic screen
• Valuation screen
• Risk screen
Our Thematic Research Methodology
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the biggest themes that are impacting the life insurance sector are ESG, COVID-19, and personalization.
Increased awareness of health following the pandemic will help life insurers to increase the penetration of a range of products.
An increase in the availability of consumer data has led to a rise in personalized products. Technologies such as AI and big data analytics are central to harnessing that rise to create the best possible outcomes.
ESG is a key issue for an insurer’s public relations, profitability, and staff retention.
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.