Netherlands Confectionery Market Size and Trend Analysis by Categories and Segment, Distribution Channel, Packaging Formats, Market Share, Demographics and Forecast, 2021-2026
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Netherlands Confectionery Market Overview
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the confectionery sector in the Netherland provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
The Netherland confectionery sector was led by the Chocolate confectionery category in value terms in 2021. The sugar confectionery category is also forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2021-2026. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading channel for distribution of confectionery products in the country. Mars, Incorporated, Mondelez International, Inc, and Ferrero S.p.A are the leading companies in the country. Flexible packaging was the most used pack material in the dutch confectionery sector.
What else is contained?
– Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2016-2026
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2021-2026
– Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2021
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as “dollar stores”, variety store & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, drugstores & pharmacies, E-retailers, Food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines.
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton – folding, can, tray, film, foil, wrapper, box, blister pack, tube, sleeve, clamshell, bottle, other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, plastic tie, film, lever closure, cap, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton – folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
– Per capita consumption of confectionery was higher in Netherland than in both the global and regional levels in 2021
– The per capita consumption of sugar confectionery was higher in Netherland than other confectionery categories in Netherlands in 2021
– Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Netherland confectionery sector
– Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the Netherlands confectionery sector
– The health & wellness market is led by the gum category in the Netherland confectionery sector
Reasons to Buy
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
– Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
– The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
– Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Mondelez International, Inc
Haribo GmbH & Co. KG
Katjes Fassin Gmbh + Co. Kg
August Storck Kg
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: Market Environment
Value and Volume Share of Netherlands in the Global and Western European Markets
Growth Analysis of Netherlands Compared to Other Leading Countries in the Western European Market
PCC and PCE of Netherlands Compared to the Global and Western European Markets
Part 2: Sector Deep Dive
Netherlands Confectionery Sector Snapshot
Market Size Analysis
Cross-category Comparison – Value Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
Cross-category Comparison – Volume Growth Analysis and Category Winners and Losers
Part 3: Category Deep Dive
Per Capita Consumption Analysis by Category
Market Size Analysis – Category: Chocolate
Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Chocolate
Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Chocolate
Market Size Analysis – Category: Gum
Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Gum
Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Gum
Market Size Analysis – Category: Sugar Confectionery
Segment-Level Analysis (in Value Terms) – Sugar Confectionery
Segment-Level Analysis (in Volume Terms) – Sugar Confectionery
Part 4: Distribution Analysis
Channel Share Analysis
Part 5: Competitive Environment
Leading Companies Value and Volume Share
Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies
Brand Share Analysis of Top Five Companies by Category
Private Label Share Analysis by Category
Growth of Private Labels Compared to Branded Products
Degree of Consolidation/Fragmentation by Category
Part 6: Health & Wellness Analysis
Health & Wellness Analysis by Category
Health & Wellness Analysis by Product Attributes
Health & Wellness Analysis by Consumer Benefits
Cross Category Comparison – Products with H&W Vs. Non-H&W Claims
Part 7: Packaging Analysis
Pack Material Growth Analysis
Pack Type Growth Analysis
Closure Type Growth Analysis
Primary Outer Type Growth Analysis
Part 8: City Deep Dive
Market Size Analysis of Top Nine Cities
Market Size Analysis of Top Nine Cities by Category
Part 9: Consumergraphics
Part 10: Macroeconomic Analysis
GDP Growth and Inflation
Labor Market Trend
Economic Summary, Labor Market, and Demographic Trends
Netherlands Risk Index (GCRI) 2021
Netherlands Risk Analysis – Compared to Global and Western Europe Markets
Frequently asked questions
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.