Pakistan Defense Market Size, Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast to 2028
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Pakistan Defense Market Report Overview
The Pakistan defense budget is worth $8.3 billion in 2023, and, is anticipated to register a CAGR of more than 2% during 2024-2028. The key areas of procurement include combat aircraft, missile systems, and naval vessels. The majority of Pakistan’s defense budget is allocated to defense services, with a small amount for defense administration.
The failure of the peace process with India has compelled Pakistan to maintain a robust defense posture and increase defense spending.
Pakistan Defense Market Outlook, 2023-2028 ($ Billion)
>>> Get | Download Sample Report to know more about Pakistan defense market forecast@ – https://www.globaldata.com/store/talk-to-us/?report=3058635
The Pakistan defense budget market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. It also covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
|Defense Budget (2023)||$8.3 Billion|
|Key Segment||· Missile and Missile Defense Systems
· Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft
· Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants
· Tactical Communications Systems
· EO/IR Systems
· Military Radar
· Electronic Warfare Systems
· Underwater Warfare Systems
· INS GNSS
|Leading Companies||· Pakistan Telecommunication Co Ltd
· Aquarius Groups of Industries
· Crossworld Solutions
· eWorld (Pvt.) Limited
· Heavy Industries Taxila Corp
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Pakistan Defense Market Drivers
Territorial disputes is expected to propel the spending on the defense sector in Pakistan.
- Pakistan has traditionally had a hostile relationship with India. It is also engaged in territorial disputes with Afghanistan over Durand line territory. To maintain a strong force foothold in the territorial region, Pakistan has been increasing its defense expenditure.
- Focus on developing an indigenous defense industry is also expected to support market growth in the coming years.
Pakistan Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
India’s strong economic growth and large defense budget enable it to procure advanced warfare systems from foreign suppliers such as Russia and Western countries. Indian armed forces outnumber their Pakistani counterparts by more than a factor of two and they have advanced warfare systems in their inventory. The Indian military superiority has a considerable effect on Pakistani military doctrine and strategy.
As part of the Riposte strategy, Pakistani strike corps are expected to play a pivotal role in the offensive and defensive operations. Of the nine-army corps, six are permanently stationed in proximity to the “Line of Control” with India. The primary mission assigned to these army corps is to counter Indian armed forces; however, Pakistan has periodically dispatched and redeployed these units to carry out counterinsurgency operations in tribal regions. Pakistani Army I and II Corps are essentially armored strike corps specifically equipped to punch a hole in Indian defenses and penetrate deep within the Indian Territory as part of Riposte’s strategy.
Pakistan Defense Market Segmentation by Segment
The military fixed-wing aircraft is the largest sector within the Pakistan defense market in 2023.
The key segments in the Pakistan defense market are missile and missile defense systems, military fixed-wing aircraft, naval vessels and surface combatants, tactical communications systems, EO/IR Systems, military radar, electronic warfare systems, underwater warfare systems, and INS GNSS among others. To fulfill the needs of Pakistan’s Air Force and operate a cost-effective combat aircraft fitted with the latest avionics and weapons, the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), in co-operation with Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China, is developing the JF-17 Block III. The jet is capable of carrying air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and can conduct aerial reconnaissance and ground-attack operations.
Pakistan Defense Market Analysis by Segment, 2023 (%)
Pakistan Air Force is in the process of procurement of around 50 improved Block III standards of JF-17.
For more segment insights into the Pakistan defense market, download a free report sample
Pakistan Defense Market - Competitive Landscape
Pakistan is in talks with China to purchase FC-31 multirole aircraft.
Some of the leading defense companies operating in Pakistan are Pakistan Telecommunication Co Ltd, Aquarius Groups of Industries, Crossworld Solutions, eWorld (Pvt.) Limited, and Heavy Industries Taxila Corp among others. Chengdu Aircraft Industrial (Group) Co. Ltd. (Chengdu Aircraft) is a fighter plane manufacturing company, based in Pakistan. The company designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies fighter planes for the aviation industry. Its aircraft models include Xiaolong/ FC-1, FT-5, J7FS, J7MG, and J7E. Chengdu Aircraft also manufactures non-aviation products, including electronic diesel engines, pump assembly products, diesel engine electronic control units, and pump fuel injection systems.
Pakistan Defense Market Analysis by Players, 2023 (%)
For more players’ insights into the Pakistan defense market, download a free report sample
Segments Covered in the Report
Pakistan Defense Segment Outlook (Value, $ Billion, 2019-2028)
- Missile and Missile Defense Systems
- Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft
- Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants
- Tactical Communications Systems
- EO/IR Systems
- Military Radar
- Electronic Warfare Systems
- Underwater Warfare Systems
- INS GNSS
The report provides a detailed analysis of Pakistan’s defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. The report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Pakistan defense budget: detailed analysis of Pakistan 2023 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Pakistan military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Pakistan military procurement regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Pakistan are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Pakistan’s defense industry.
• Drivers of Defense expenditure include Territorial disputes, Developing an indigenous defense industry
• Major ongoing procurement program include procurement of FD–2000, J-10C, PAC PF-X
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Pakistan defense market over the next five years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Pakistan market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Pakistan defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Pakistan government.
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
To know about our Research Methodology and other aspects of the research study, kindly get in touch with our Sales Team at GlobalData.
Pakistan Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation
Shenyang Aircraft Corporation
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Defense Budget Assessment
- 2.1. Budgeting Process
- 2.2. Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- 2.3. Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- 2.4. Analysis of Defense Expenditure Allocation
- 2.5. Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- 3. Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- 3.1. Military Doctrine And Strategy
- 3.2. Strategic Alliances and Geopolitics
- 3.3. Political, Social, and Economic Scenario
- 4. Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- 4.1. Defense Procurement Bodies
- 4.2. Trade Associations and Defense Clusters
- 4.3. Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
- 4.4. Market Entry Routes
- 4.5. Key Challenges
- 4.6. Major Deals and M&A
- 5. Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- 5.1. Market Attractiveness
- 5.2. Top Sectors in the Pakistan Defense Market
- 5.3. Top Defense Segments By Value
- 6. Defense Platform Acquisitions
- 6.1. Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
- 6.2. FC-31
- 6.3. FD–2000
- 6.4. J-10C
- 6.5. PAC PF-X
- 6.6. Jinnah-class
- 7. Fleet Size
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Defense Companies Operating in Pakistan
- 8.2. Main Defense Companies
- 9. Appendix
- 9.1. About This Report
- 9.2. About Us
- 9.3. Contact Us
Frequently asked questions
What is the Pakistan defense budget in 2023?
The defense budget in Pakistan is $8.3 billion in 2023.
What is the Pakistan defense market growth rate?
The defense market in Pakistan is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 2% during 2024-2028.
Which segment accounts for the largest Pakistan defense market share?
Military fixed-wing aircraft is the largest segment within the Pakistan defense market in 2023.
Who are the leading companies operating in the Pakistan defense market?
Some of the leading defense companies operating in Pakistan are Pakistan Telecommunication Co Ltd, Aquarius Groups of Industries, Crossworld Solutions, eWorld (Pvt.) Limited, and Heavy Industries Taxila Corp among others.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.